Forums Latest Members

If there’s any Certina gurus in the house, please advice (DS 5801-113 inside).

1. Pahawi May 11, 2022

Hi all,

The Certina below was up on a local auction. It didn’t went cheap and I might have over paid, but no harm done, as I have the option to return it, if you guys tells me it’s a piece of crap Never had one in my hands before, which certainly is a mistake as it’s actually pretty cool. Please tell me it’s as original as I think it is

My own observations:

Great dial under the old crystal (sorry for the bad photos, but it’s not easy to get good ones through that crystal).

Lume a little puffy with the 12 – 6 – 9 markers a bit darker than the rest. Also, the 12 – 6 – 9 markers has a thicker lume. All lume glows equally and faint within 30 sec. OK, or relume?

Very nice case for its age?

OK bezel, though the “pip” lume is gone. There’s no “click” function when turning it – there should be, right?

Crown – I see different types online, so not sure if original?

Date wheel a bit off.

GF bracelet marked 2/66, which I guess makes it original to the watch?

Is it possible to buy new crystals or should I try to save this? In general - is it hard to get parts to these?

On to the pics:

IMG_8380.JPG IMG_8384.JPG IMG_8386.JPG IMG_8388.JPG IMG_8392.JPG IMG_8397.JPG IMG_8400.JPG

Thank you :)

2. Zapatta May 11, 2022

3. ConElPueblo May 11, 2022

Hi mate.

I was one of the underbidders, though not the one with the next highest bid - I suspect he was Swedish ;)

Everything looks correct, the dial and tritium especially are very good. The case is not perfect, but very nice, as is the bezel. Crown I believe is correct. Crystals are available (generic dive crystals are much, much cheaper and nearly identical), but fairly expensive. The bracelet is in good condition, better than the average one out there.

The date change on the Certina calibers are probably their weakest point, you can either buy a cheap donor or find the parts on eBay, they are usually available.

Price-wise I would say that you paid around what I would expect. Not a bargain really, but a fair price - especially considering the condition :)

4. Pahawi May 11, 2022

Just what I needed – thank you Troels, very kind of you :thumbsup: Beers on me, should we meet one day....:)

Glad you were not the next highest bidder - always happy to beat a sweed :p:D

ConElPueblo likes this.
  5. ConElPueblo May 11, 2022

If you need something in Aalborg looked at, just PM me and I will go to the auction house and check it out :thumbsup:

Pahawi likes this.
  6. hejsam May 11, 2022

Looks very nice, congratulations! :)

How much did it cost?

Pahawi likes this.
  7. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant May 11, 2022

That's my favourite Certina. Looks all ok for me . I had 2 over the last 30 years. There is a spring, that adjusts and centers the date. Your Watchmaker might be able to re position the date disc. If not, plenty of donors and parts as well. Enjoy!

Pahawi and cvalue13 like this.
  8. Pahawi May 12, 2022

Thanks.

Since it was a puplic auction - around USD 2600 fees included.

Dan S and hejsam like this.
  9. Pahawi May 12, 2022

I'll pass your info to the watchmaker - thank you:thumbsup:

10. philby May 12, 2022

If the problem is in these tiny little date-changing wheels in the 25-651 cal: I recently bought a few (NOS, I was told) and could probably do with less. Just in case.

IMG_8604.jpeg
    Eve, Dr.Sascha, AAAKK and 4 others like this.
  11. Pahawi May 12, 2022

If it fits my watch I'll be happy to buy one from you :)

Thank you.

12. georgeszaslavsky May 15, 2022

I have seen one new old stock for sale back then on chrono 24 and it stayed almost a year for sale for 4400€. I purchased something else but one day I will purchase one

Pahawi likes this.
  13. Dr.Sascha May 18, 2022

Very nice pickup, congrats!

Pahawi likes this.