Forums Latest Members

If "ifs" and "buts" were chocolate and nuts....

1. ulackfocus Jul 8, 2012

.... we'd all own a candy factory. :p My grandma used to say something like that when I could complain about the bad parts of something I otherwise liked.

If you could change just one thing about this hobby to make it perfect what would it be? Some potential choices:

• Change eBay's policies to reflect absolute truth in listing descriptions with heavy penalties for violating the rules.
    • Eliminate the flakes and scam artists (sellers, buyers, watchmakers, etc).
    • Somehow make all n00bs ask about a watch BEFORE they buy so we don't have to break the bad news to them.
    What would you want done if you found a magic horological lamp and the genie granted you one wish? So far ΩF has been pretty lucky here with the new members. They seem to be doing more research and asking the right questions so they don't get taken. And if they do come inquiring about a watch they have, they don't get defensive and angry if they get let down by bad news. And a good percentage even stay which doesn't happen on many forums. Great mix of veteran and neophyte here for sure!

2. Steve Jul 8, 2012

I think you got all the bases covered Dennis, especially where Ebay is concerned. Fake sellers or sellers of dodgy watches should be kicked off Ebay, not just have a neg feedback, that wont stop them.
    Also close down websites of fake watches.

3. astrosfan Jul 11, 2012

By far, for me the most trying part of our hobby is finding (and keeping) a competent repair person.