Forums Latest Members
  1. elieyears Jul 3, 2018

hey guys. I saw this omega online but have not come across anything like this. Suspect that it might a franken Watch. Have not seen any sub dial like this too. Do help me identify this Watch if you can. Thanks

AF835865-30D2-45B2-9273-78DB5FB0AB32.jpeg
  2. BenBagbag Jul 3, 2018

You're right. It's a horrible redial and god knows what's wrong with it inside. Walk away.

Also, background looks familiar. Avoid that seller.

3. kaisiang098 Jul 3, 2018

Yup that there is a bad redial and a polished case.
    This seller's prices are attractive but i have seen a few franken and refurbished pieces which he labels as originals.
    New collectors please avoid!

dan7800 likes this.
  4. ANALOGUE Jul 4, 2018

Looks like a jumbo (36mm) from the 50s. As said the dial is a redial. Tells? The font looks off. The sub dial is as you say very strange. There are no lume outside index. Super White dial.

So, if you se a 60-70 year old watch with a super white/black dial. Ask yoursself, is this LNOS or refinished? The probility of redial is quite high imho. Then look for tells. White, greenish or no lume if there should be lume is one. Also look at the font (warning here is that yellow/cream lume is NO guarantee that it is ok).

In this case the sub dial is probably the easiest to spot together with the missing lume.

It is a shame as these are lovely watches and breguet numerals are just great!

ConElPueblo likes this.
  5. ConElPueblo Jul 4, 2018

If it was a jumbo, it would have a marker at 6 o'clock - that's a quick tell on jumbo subdial Seamasters :thumbsup:

Compare with the one we bid on (and lost...) earlier this week :)

merchandiser and ANALOGUE like this.
  6. ANALOGUE Jul 4, 2018

Ok thanks for that insight! I looked at the lugs and Jumbos often have thinner lugs (like this) (?) But I guess a fair amount of polishing can do the trick ;)

7. elieyears Jul 4, 2018

huh! So I guess this seller must be quite famous (for the wrong reason). Thanks!

8. elieyears Jul 4, 2018

Thanks for your reply! Guess that background seems to be pretty well known around here...

9. elieyears Jul 4, 2018

Wasn't quite sure which year was this made. But condition looked way too good for a "truly vintage" piece. But thanks for the insight! And I agree, breguet numerals are amazing.

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 4, 2018

Korea or Los Angeles seller?

11. kaisiang098 Jul 4, 2018

From Malaysia if im not wrong.