Forums Latest Members
  1. todd Jan 29, 2014

Need help to identify omega dress watch.

2. todd Jan 29, 2014

It is currently on ebay. It is a caliber 600. Case back in question and I cannot find reference no. in Omega database and nowhere on internet.

3. todd Jan 29, 2014

It is an 18k gold dress watch with Omega and Swiss at 6 o'clock

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 29, 2014

I need help identifying a car. It is in the parking lot. It has a V6 engine.

Come on friend, post some pics.

JohnSteed likes this.
  5. todd Jan 29, 2014

I apologize. This is first post on forum. I'm not sure of rules. Can I give ebay item no. and you guys can look at it?

6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 29, 2014

yes, by all means. You can cut and paste a link too - makes it easy on everyone.

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 29, 2014

I'd like to know the breed of my dog. It is brown and has a cold nose.

Little help please?
    gatorcpa

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 29, 2014

If you don't want to give out the auction number, you can right click on pictures from eBay and copy the web address here.

Just click the button above with the mountain view (third from the right) and enter the web address in the pop-up box.
    gatorcpa

9. todd Jan 29, 2014

Item no. is 141172725326

10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 29, 2014

Let's try it this way:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141172725326?Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Watch looks to be nice and original with a clean looking movement. The case is US made and 18K gold, that's rather unusual. But all the hallmarks look correct. That's the good news.

However in my opinion, that price is at least double the market value on this piece.
    gatorcpa

11. todd Jan 29, 2014

Thank you. Would this model have a name? Is it in the Geneve line? Would you buy it?

12. ICONO Jan 29, 2014

13. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 29, 2014

No model name, that's not unusual. Since the case was US made, we sometimes call these "National Production" watches.

It is not a Geneve.

No, not at that price. I already have a similar watch.
    gatorcpa

14. todd Jan 29, 2014

Where do you find your watches? I'm frustrated because I just cannot find "the one". I read a lot on vintage-watches-collection.com but this is a British site and their models don't correlate to US. Began my search for an Omega Seamaster Deville but then came up gold filled versus 14 or 18K gold. Then constellations come up. I only intended to get one watch but there may be more in my future.

15. ulackfocus Jan 29, 2014

Patience, you need young padawan.

Yoda.jpg

Some of us hunt the perfect specimen of the watch we want for months or even years. We'll help you, and we're glad you asked before you bought something!

JohnSteed likes this.
  16. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 29, 2014

Mostly on eBay, but I admit that it's become difficult to find good value there now. But good ones do turn up now and then.

And I'll bet that you didn't marry the first woman you dated either. It takes time and experience. I waited 7 years to find the right pie-pan Constellation.

[​IMG]
    But when this one came along, I jumped on it (well, not literally) with both feet.

Got news for you. Some of their models don't correspond with any known Omegas in the UK or anywhere else. Most of the dials are fantasies. They were refinished with names of jewelers that may or may not have ever existed. Prices there are ridiculous in Sterling or in US dollars.

Solid gold watches have been coming down a little bit due to the drop in gold prices. But the really nice condition Constellations have held up quite nicely in the market. Gold filled can be a problem, as the gold tends to wear through. Better to go for stainless steel if you can't afford the solid gold.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

JohnSteed likes this.
  17. todd Jan 29, 2014

Stainless may be a way to go as well. Not being vain, but gold goes with my skin color better. It also appears you can get different looks with different bands if you want. Off forum, but vintage rolex seems good to but why double the price? I do active movement and am not in an office but a professional title. Could these vintage watches be used in everyday life? Thank you for all your input. I will learn the cut and paste method and may be asking for assessments of possible buys.

18. JohnSteed Jan 29, 2014

19. ulackfocus Jan 29, 2014

Abso-freakin'-lootly. Several of us wear vintage to work often.

20. todd Jan 29, 2014

Beautiful Constellation by the way.