Forums Latest Members
  1. Ervin Jun 9, 2016

hello all

I heard a rattle when I flip my watch from front to back. It's not the automatic movement. It is the movement not being secure to the case. I took a picture of the movement in the case. Can anyone help with identifying why the movement is not attached to the case?

Thanks in advance.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. wsfarrell Jun 9, 2016

I wouldn't bet a fortune on this, but from the photos it seems possible that one or both case clamps are upside down, and thus not holding the movement in the case. Easy to fix if true.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 9, 2016

Are the locking tabs tight and not moving on the movement ring?

If they are, and you have the caseback wave washer in place the only thing I can think of is that the rotor post or bearing is worn allowing the rotor to flop and hit the caseback.

4. TNTwatch Jun 9, 2016

Nothing appears missing or out of order. Check to see if the two case screws are tighten. The case back should also be tighten down to hold everything in tight.

PS: Probably the rotor is loose like Jim suggested.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 9, 2016

Your case clamps should be like this

GeneveCaseClamp.JPG

6. Ervin Jun 9, 2016

Hi guys.

I thought it might have been the case clamps at first but it seems that is secure. It is the outer ring that moves. So the outer ring with the dial? Is there something that holds that down? Where is the rotor? Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks

7. Speedmasterfan88 Jun 10, 2016

The rotor Is the half Moon shaped disk wich rotates to power the movement ;). No problem, we are all here to learn and/or educate.

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 10, 2016

The wave washer or spring holds the movement ring down in the case.

And if you are asking what the rotor is I think it's time to go see the watchmaker.

161041.jpeg

9. Ervin Jun 10, 2016

Ah thanks for the pic. So I believe it is the movement ring this has the issue. Is there something that holds that I place to the case? I've attached a new pic.

It seems like the wave washer is supposed to do that but for some reason it is not.

Haha yeah I'm planning to send it to a watch repair but I live in Hawaii and it's a hassle because I have to send it to Seattle or California...unless someone in Hawaii knows a good watchmaker here??

image.jpeg