Forums Latest Members
  1. Togri Apr 6, 2014

I don't know Jack about ladies watches, so can anyone help identifying this watch which was my late grandmothers. My mum want's to get rid of it it because she never wears it. And what the approx value might be... if any.

The watch is an Omega, manual wind, 14k solid gold with the original 14k gold bracelet. Sorry for the poor picture quality. I have looked in the Omega database under 14k case materials but it's hard with so many ref. not pictured.

My mum thanks for any reply :)

image.jpg

2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 6, 2014

Scrap gold value or a bit more. I bought one before to use the gold alloy to make bezels ....for my Constellations. You can melt it to make Omega buckles, too.

(is the bracelet from Omega too? or it's an aftermarket?)

3. Togri Apr 6, 2014

That's what I thought :) Not exactly a beauty:unsure: Some watches age well and keeps value (or increase) and some don't. Oh well... I will melt it down and make my mum a pair of ear rings. Bracelet is from Omega as well. Thx for reply :thumbsup:

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 6, 2014

Unfortunately that's what happen with majority of vintage ladies' watch. Too bad, because demand is so low.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 6, 2014

That's going to be one BIG pair of earrings :eek:

6. Togri Apr 7, 2014

You are right :confused: Hadn't thought about that. Perhaps I will give her 14 identical pairs ::psy::

Privateday7 likes this.
  7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 7, 2014

Well at least one of them should be in Omega shape :p