Forums Latest Members
  1. focusrsh Nov 28, 2015

I bought my Speedmaster automatic new sometime in the late 1980s or early 1990s. Can't remember exactly, but the serial # marks it as a 1991. I'm trying to ID the caliber and reference, mainly for repair.

The caseback has 175 0032 AND 175 0033 marked on the inside. I've been able to find on other websites that that is the case style. More on that in a moment.,

The movement has 3220 on the rotor and 3220A on the base plate. I haven't been able to cross reference those numbers with a caliber or reference. Can someone help?

Part of the reason for all of this is that for the 2nd or third time, the one of the pushers has fallen off. In the past, I've sent it back to Omega who insists on doing an overhaul. But the price for that is now almost as much as what I paid for the watch. Having done repairs on antique clocks, I thought I'd look into doing it myself.

On some online videos, the pusher tubes they show all thread into the case. I purchase a genuine Omega replacement pusher for a 175.0032/0033 case, and the pusher tube is not threaded. Is it really just a press fit?

Sorry if this post should be in the "modern watches" forum. I'm new to the forums here and I couldn't find anything in the forms indicating what constitutes vintage vs. modern.

IMG_4420.JPG IMG_4415.JPG
  2. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Nov 28, 2015

I believe you can unscrew the pusher cap from the pusher stem and simply install into the case with the existing pusher tube in place. Maybe loctite the cap onto the stem so this doesn't happen again.