Forums Latest Members
  1. Marks410 Aug 11, 2016

[​IMG]

image.jpeg
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 11, 2016

hmmm, that is your first post, and you hope to get help? No intro, 'hello', etc,? In fact, no text whatsoever except in the thread title?

Probably not the best way to get help/ advice...

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 11, 2016

Have you done any research yourself first? If you're looking to cash out of it, its not a popular model and won't go for much.

4. Marks410 Aug 11, 2016

I'm really just looking to see if I can identify a year/model. Then I can go from there. Any help is appreciated.

5. NT931 Aug 11, 2016

6. Marks410 Aug 11, 2016

Aside from asking my mother roughly what year he may have purchased this, all of the information that I have is provided. If there are different pictures/angles that would help, let me know. I don't know anything about watches.

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 11, 2016

Just a guess, but looks circa 1980. Gold plated case.

Omega made literally hundreds of models per year at that time. Most are only minimally collectible.

Those were dark days for Omega
    gatorcpa

8. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Aug 11, 2016

If you have a watch shop remove the caseback and photograph the movement in detail you may get some better info. The serial number on the movement will date the watch within a year or two and the inside of the caseback cover will provide the reference number for the watch.

9. Edward53 Aug 12, 2016

"Hi All! Let me introduce myself, I'm ..... and I'm hoping one or more of you knowledgable folks on this forum would be kind enough to tell me something about my great-uncle's watch, and maybe even give me an idea of what it's worth. Thanks in advance for your time, and I would really appreciate any help you might be able to give me", etc etc etc

I don't know. Kids these days, eh?

Syrte, Yuhi, ulackfocus and 3 others like this.
  10. Pvt-Public Aug 12, 2016

Hmmm... Since it says "Omega", "Seamaster" and "Automatic" right on the dial and "Seamaster" again on the case back. I think we can say that this watch is probably.......wait for it.........wait for it.......... an Omega Seamaster Automatic. But I think you already knew that. As for value eBay sold listings will give you a rough idea.

Syrte and Fritz like this.
  11. CrisROSE Aug 12, 2016

Yeah, £50 would probably be the top end for a watch like this. Mainly due to the seller.

Just put it on eBay for 99p and let it bid up to whatever.

12. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Aug 12, 2016

I do like that seven row Beads of Rice Bracelet though. That is worth a couple of hundred at least. Looks to me to be a Seamaster "Darwin" from around the mid-Eighties. Very nice starry dial and I imagine it looks rather spiffing on the wrist. This watch wasn't cheap when purchased in the 80s.

Movement will be a calibre 1110, which is the non chronometer version of the 1111, a Omega finished ETA 2892. Some people, although I have never encountered a watchmaker who does, sneer at this calibre, but it, along with its Eterna parents, is one the the greatest workhorses of the Twentieth Century, being second to none in terms of reliability, precision and indeed longevity.

Cheers

Desmond

Vitezi and Giff2577 like this.
  13. marturx Aug 12, 2016

Looks relatively good on photos. Looks/ feels awful on the wrist. It weighs nothing. It feels nothing. A very dull watch. IMO NB

14. ConElPueblo Aug 12, 2016

I'm a bit surprised by your valuation, have you seen auction results of roughly that amount? I have seen one or two slightly worn examples go for £85-100, but maybe those were a different version?

al128 likes this.
  15. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Aug 12, 2016

Put the BOR bracelet on eBay without the watch head and I imagine that would realise at least 250 USD

Giff2577 likes this.
  16. ConElPueblo Aug 12, 2016

Just had a look at sold listings on eBay, and it seems that prices are somewhat over the place. $250 is probably at the high end, but I guess it isn't completely unlikely!

...Better go find the one I have lying around. Eh, some place... :oops:

17. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Aug 12, 2016

Take off your clothes and lay down, I feel like having kinky sex... :D

How does that sound for an introduction? ::stirthepot::::stirthepot::::stirthepot::

18. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Aug 12, 2016

I don't think so. ... a tinny, gold plated bracelet that looks "tinny and gold plated" from 30 ft away ? :cautious:

19. ulackfocus Aug 12, 2016

Yep, they just don't have any social graces. The so-called "social" media that they live their lives on is all about blunt tweets that are spur of the moment (usually rants that come back to haunt them) and quick look-at-what-I-did FB posts. Common courtesy goes out the window when you have to keep your message under 140 characters for the ADD impatient new generation.

Fritz likes this.
  20. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Aug 12, 2016

Try it and you'll see that these earlier bracelets are well sought after.