Forums Latest Members
  1. Idiotwind Jan 1, 2020

Does anyone know what year this watch is from, which material it is made from etc.? I think it is from the begining of the seventies, at least my granddad got it at that time. As you can see from the picture, the inscription says 585 and uno-a-erre G2.

I dont know anything about there things, so I would really appriciate your help.

Also, does anyone have an estimate on how much it can be worth?

Thanks!

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. loniscup Jan 1, 2020

It looks like one from that era, but to be correct about the precise date you should open the back. This way you will learn the case refference, engraved inside the caseback, see which movement it hosts and determine the age by the movement serial number.
    I think the bracelet is wrong for this watch and belongs to a Tissot 585 but I might be wrong.. Wait for more knowledgable members to confirm this or not.

Idiotwind likes this.
  3. padders Oooo subtitles! Jan 1, 2020

585 is the metal purity, its 14K gold. It looks to be an aftermarket bracelet.

Idiotwind and loniscup like this.
  4. Vanallard Jan 1, 2020

Take the watch to a watchmaker and have him/her remove the case back so that you can see the movement, reference number (inside of the case back) and whether the case is also solid gold.

Idiotwind likes this.
  5. Edward53 Jan 2, 2020

If the watch is gold - which seems likely as the bracelet is gold - it should be hallmarked, most probably on the back of one of the lugs.