Forums Latest Members
  1. Omega_curious Jun 30, 2017

Sorry :/

Edited Jul 1, 2017
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 30, 2017

It's your grandfather's, why don't you fix it and wear it yourself?

marco and Foo2rama like this.
  3. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jun 30, 2017

That is a great old dial. Fix it and wear it, sweet vtg Omega.

jumpingsecond and Foo2rama like this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 30, 2017

From around 1939 based on 9m serial number. Denison cased in the U.K. So I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a model number. I'm not sure of the movement number either.

Not worth much. But I'd restore it/ get it repaired! don't touch the dial or hands and wear it yourself. Also don't replace the dial or hands when you get it serviced.

Looks like 34mm maybe slightly wider. Put that on a bund strap or leather NATO strap and rock it.

Edited Jun 30, 2017
  5. François Pépin Jul 1, 2017

Nice watch! It is a cal 30 T2.
    The hairspring is off center and seems bent. Maybe other issues so a service is in order!

6. Omega_curious Jul 1, 2017

How much do you think it would cost to get it restored?

7. François Pépin Jul 1, 2017

As this watch is already on eBay, I wonder why you ask...

chipsotoole and watchknut like this.
  8. tyrantlizardrex Jul 1, 2017

£200-£450 depending on where you send it.

9. WhatYourWatchSay Jul 1, 2017

That looks like a RAF watch. Are there any engravings on the outside of the case back?

10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 1, 2017

I thought the OP's friend wanted it. Dare I call bullshit on this thread?

11. Omega_curious Jul 1, 2017

Haha he told me I would probably do better off selling it on eBay since he thought he wouldn't be able to afford the restoration. And now I am getting private messages saying they would give me a high price if I put it in buy it now... and don't want to sell it for too low... I hope that is understandable :p

12. François Pépin Jul 1, 2017

I am not confortable with the way this thread is taking. You showed a nice watch and I was pleased to give you the information I had. But first you wanted to sell it to a friend, then it is on ebay, now you want to know the restoration price for this friend, but you also want to know the value of your watch in order to sell it high on ebay - or here? Well, I am confused!

As far as I am concerned, you are perfectly right to try to figure the value of something you want to sell. It sounds reasonnable. But I was a little bit disappointed to discover your ebay listing. Why did not you tell us the full story at the begining? I am not sure I would have answered then -- I do not think my role here is to help one time sellers to sell a watch -- but you would still have had answers and you would have avoided this confusion.

It is still a nice watch, but it is a weird thread...

chronos, watchknut and Nathan1967 like this.
  13. Omega_curious Jul 1, 2017

Nope the outside of the back is blank
    Yeah I agree I'm sorry! I didn't realise these watches were so sacred it seems with all these comments about me not caring about my grandfather. I know from your perspective it must seem wrong. But take it from my perspective. I find a watch that I think is pretty worthless and find my friend to be interested so want to know more. Then I find that it could be worth it through my friend so I put it on eBay. I know this bit is unethical for you but I don't have any memory of my grandfather wearing this watch... that is to say I don't really link it to him, and have other things that remind me more of him than this. BUT I wanted to ask about restoration since maybe my friend was wrong and it could be restored easily for me to use. But sadly my funds are too low for it as it turns out.

Sorry for he long essay. Hope you see my side :/

14. François Pépin Jul 1, 2017

I can see you side and will not argue with you. I think now you have erverything you need in order to do what you want to do with your watch.

15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 1, 2017

No we feel lied to.

Some of us took more then a little time and used knowledge gained from years of research to give you an answer. When it looks like you just wanted to flip it. Also not a single thank you for the advice and knowledge given.

Edited Jul 1, 2017
    chronos likes this.
  16. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jul 1, 2017

If your friend wants to restore it, sell it to him for $100 and call it a day. That way he can afford to get it restored and you get $100.

Watch karma is restored...

17. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 1, 2017

Assholes abound...

18. mac_omega Jul 2, 2017

Don´t complain guys!

Just don´t bother to answer these BS grandfathers/uncles/aunties posts any more - I, for me am done...

19. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 2, 2017

There have been a few genuine ones though Eric, the OPs have followed up with history, photos and shown the watch after a service.

These are the ones that make me smile and feel good about our forum.

Unfortunately they are few and far between in the posts for "relative watches".

X350 XJR, chronos and GuiltyBoomerang like this.
  20. jimmyd13 Jul 2, 2017

But, guys, my maiden aunt's second cousin's nephew died and left me this watch:

IMG_20170702_0941328.jpg IMG_20170702_0941575.jpg IMG_20170702_0944433.jpg IMG_20170702_0943586.jpg
    I was thinking I might be able to rub it over with some brasso, stick it on a NATO and wear it but - just for nsurance - what model, movement, maker, dial, year and price would you list it as? Please ignore the auction lot numbers in the photos - he liked to keep his watches in these plastic bags.

Thanks!

mac_omega likes this.