Forums Latest Members
  1. smartmorpheus Oct 13, 2012

Dear friends please i need your help to identify an old gold 18k Omega. DSC06886.JPG

DSC06885.JPG DSC06891.JPG DSC06890.JPG DSC06889.JPG
  2. MyVintageOmega Oct 13, 2012

Don't know much if anything about this model of pocket-watch.....but the movement is stunningly crisp and clean and seems like it has never seen the hint of moisture even......well done,and a keeper for sure!

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 13, 2012

The vast majority of Omega pocket watches from that era are nothing special and worth $50-$150 tops. What you have here is one of the very few pocket watches from that era in beautiful shape, in solid gold, with a dial that looks very nice indeed. Pricing it is hard but be aware that its a very nice watch.

4. smartmorpheus Oct 13, 2012

How can i found the recent pricing?And how can i found the model and the year...

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 13, 2012

Serial number indicates around 1912:

http://chronomaddox.com/omega_serial_numbers.html

Models were not well defined back then, so 18K Gold pocket watch is likely the most accurate way to describe it. Recent pricing is hard, you're just not going to find many like it to go off.

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 13, 2012

Value shouldn't be that hard to estimate. Go to a watchmaker and have them remove the movement from the case. Weigh the case on a gold scale. Convert that figure into troy ounces. Multiply by US$1,800 per oz., more or less. Take that figure times 75%, for 18K gold. That's the value of the gold in the case.

Add another $100 to $200 for the movement (less if it not running) and that should be your total value.

There's little collector premium on a pocketwatch unless it has a major complication, like a chronograph or repeater. Just the intrisic value of the precious metals in the case and a bit for the parts.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa