Forums Latest Members

Identification of an Ernest Borel

1. Alvy Singer Nov 15, 2021

Hi guys, my watch buddy’s dad has found this EB among his old stuff in their old house. He asked me for help but from the picture I cannot see any model name or other useful information about the watch. Photo search online is also no luck. Is there anybody able to give more information about the watch, e.g. year of production, model, caliber (his is not a watch guy and has no tools on hand, but said it is a manual wind)? Thanks!

B8C1D0A4-C977-47B1-BAA7-A9C4AE0182DA.jpeg

2. Helvetia History Nov 16, 2021

I don't think anyone is going to be able to give you much information just from the outside of the case unless they happen to own the same watch.

What I can say is that the dial design is very similar to my Helvetia from 1955.

20200710_102819.jpg

DAVOINE_1955.jpg

Out of interest I've also got a nice Ernest Borel from a bit later during the height of the space race.

gem600.jpg

sleepyastronaut and Alvy Singer like this.
  3. Alvy Singer Nov 16, 2021

Very nice Helvetia and Borel ! Great collection. So I guess my friend’s EB is possibly from 1950s too. I understand it is hard to get any information without opening the watch but just try to see if I can bump into any EB experts or even owners of that model here!