Forums Latest Members
  1. DenverMdW Jan 6, 2019

Hello, all....new to this place and hoping to get some advice on a vintage Omega. I have been looking to pick something up with a little patina, and a friend of a friend brought this to my attention. I only have two pics (attached), and no pics of the movement inside. The dial has "swiss made" at 6 o'clock...but no other writing. 34mm. Caseback is completely blank. I really have very little knowledge of vintage Omegas...hence me being here. I'm trying to find out more/any information. Real? Fake? Anything I should be looking for or asking? The price is right, but that's also what's kind of scary. Any input or feedback is appreciated. Thanks,

95600.jpeg 95602.jpeg
  2. KingCrouchy Jan 6, 2019

Hello, it's probably with a Mouvement of the Cal 30 family, I sold a similar one with a Cal 285.
    To me it looks genuine, I would ask for pictures of the mouvement. Don't forget that with vintage pieces you have to add the costs of a service by a watchmaker.

DenverMdW likes this.
  3. DenverMdW Jan 6, 2019

Much appreciated. I'm told it keeps good time, and that more pics are coming. Thanks for quick reply.

4. KingCrouchy Jan 6, 2019

Always a pleasure to help. Take that with a grain of salt, often sellers say it keeps well time or even was serviced, if they can't give you any proof of service, be ready that you could have to pay one. But that's okay if you found a great piece you like and enjoy.