Forums Latest Members
  1. ninjamattic Jul 27, 2018

I tried this one last night, and I'm not gonna lie. I was tempted. I have loved the Seamaster Professional forever, and this one was just so cool looking. The only problem? The 44mm heft of the monstrosity. Not pictured here is the fact that it is enormously tall. Have you seen one of these in the wild? What are your thoughts? I'm 100% certain this thing won't fit under a shirt cuff. That temptation though... IMG_6288.JPG

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 27, 2018

To me, it is very busy-looking. I am admittedly not a fan of having a chrono on a diving watch, though. I have a PO, and the thickness does bother me since I have gotten used to wearing a speedmaster. The PO just feels too top-heavy to me. I think the Seamaster is about the same thickness, but at least it is a few mm larger in diameter which might make a feel a little less like it is going to 'fall over' -- even though it isn't possible for that to happen.

3. ninjamattic Jul 27, 2018

I agree. It does look pretty busy. I just love those skeleton hands so much. Our pal Bond Brosnan got me into that when I was a kid. It feels really top heavy. Just walking around the store felt awkward, and like it was trying too hard to scream "LOOK AT ME!" I'm a fan of the more understated. They had a nice Aqua Terra there too with a cream face... such temptation. Also a chrono though.

4. Alphasports Jul 27, 2018

Yes they are beasts, a buddy has the Ti version. I used to like them but have lost much of my interest in chronographs. I have the good old SMP300!

ninjamattic likes this.
  5. ninjamattic Jul 27, 2018

That's my grail watch right there... So pretty.

6. Draven Jul 27, 2018

Lovely watch but as others have said, it really is a beast.

Just wondered how it would compare to a Planet Ocean 3313. Love to see a side by side comparison but not a huge fan of the orange bezel on that one. The dial is very busy on that compared to the PO but much prefer that bezel.

Tough one!!:thumbsup:

7. ICONO Jul 27, 2018

It will definitely fit under a ‘Brooke’s Brothers’ double button shirt cuff…the only formal shirts, a Man needs

However it is something a design monstrosity…simply far too much going on

Suggest you try a Tudor 79350 Black Bay Heritage Chronograph ?…much cleaner design, classic design, built like a Tank, and stunningly accurate

0321AC8A-7BDE-48C2-AC09-25E942C22A67.jpeg

ninjamattic and jaguar11 like this.
  8. ConElPueblo Jul 27, 2018

It really is a monster. I shouldn't like it (and couldn't possibly wear it), but something about a diver with a waterproof chronograph and GMT function just seems so absurd that you have to love it!

9. jaguar11 Jul 27, 2018

In terms of size whether or not it is right for you is for you to answer. If you like it buy it. If not then don't. Good luck either way!

10. ninjamattic Jul 27, 2018

Ok, if you had to choose between one of these three, which would you pick? I love my blue Speedmaster Auto Chronometer, but I've also been mulling over the other two - super giant Seamaster 300 GMT Chrono, and AT Chrono (44mm). I know it all boils down to personal preference, but just curious what the community thinks. IMG_6257.JPG IMG_6288.JPG Omega-Seamaster-Aqua-Terra-Chrono-Watch-23110445004001-Box-Card_18332_F.jpg

11. ninjamattic Jul 27, 2018

Keep in mind, I'm looking for the kind of watch that can be worn in pretty much any settings. Casual to suit.

12. larryganz The cable guy Jul 28, 2018

The SMP GMT chrono hands down vs the AT. You already have the Speedy Day/Date for slipping under a dress shirt.

In my case I went for the less busy 42mm SMP chrono-only, and skipped the GMT chrono. It's not as unwieldy and it's a more reasonable size and weight, with the 1154 adjustable clasp being a direct bolt-on. Then I went for the huge but lighter Ti Planet Ocean 9300 but still enjoy my SMP chronograph which is not as thick.

My only GMT right now is my Rolex GMT II and my Speedmaster X-33. So the X-33 is a good GMT chronograph to consider, but unfortunately it's not a diver. I'm told the 30M WR is actually okay to swim with, since the limit of it's WR was due to the pleated case-back to allow the alarm to sound through it, which meant it couldn't take high pressure but it can get wet. I have not tested that theory.

ninjamattic likes this.