Forums Latest Members
  1. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Jul 11, 2013

First, my brother gave me this Geneve

Case 136.070 Movement: 613
    Stainless Steel with White Dial, Silver Markers with Onix, Silver Hands with Luminous Inserts
    There's a small mark on the face and I replaced the rather tatty hands with new ones.

[​IMG]

and then I thought it would be nice to have a birth year watch too:

Case: 14393 Movement: 561
    Rose Gold Filled with Champagne Pie Pan Dial, Rose Gold Markers, Rose Gold Dagger Hands
    I think it's all pretty original and I've sourced the correct 10-sided rose crown for it now too.

(Many thanks to Desmond for his fabulous Connie site and generous advice)

[​IMG]

Another Connie, a stainless non-piepan 167.005 with a 551 movement followed, then a gold filled Seamaster 14389 with a 268 Movement (I think the dial has been refinished but it wasn't expensive and it's still nice) and most recently a 321 Speedmaster 145.012 in nice shape but with a replacement bezel and probably hands too. Having watched the moon landing in '69 I had to have one, but that's it now - honest.

I'll post some photos of the rest when I get time.

Mothra likes this.
  2. Sherbie Jul 11, 2013

Way to go. And welcome

Patrick Dixon likes this.
  3. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Aug 20, 2013

Some more recent photos of the Rose filled Connie:

14393 RGF Connie Face.JPG

14393 RGF Connie Back.JPG

14393 RGF Connie Crown.JPG

14393 RGF Connie Side.JPG

Hijak and mbeast like this.
  4. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Aug 20, 2013

the SS Connie:

167 005 SS Connie Face.JPG

167 005 SS Connie Back.JPG

Apa, Hijak and mbeast like this.
  5. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Aug 20, 2013

a 14389 Seamaster - I have always assumed it's a redial because no SWISS, but it wasn't expensive and I like it.

14389 Seamaster Face.JPG

14389 Seamaster Back.JPG

What say you experts?

Apa and citizenrich like this.
  6. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Aug 20, 2013

and finally my more recent purchases:

145.012 Speedy - replacement bezel insert and hands I know, but case and dial are nice and it keeps excellent time.

145 012 Speedy Face.jpg

(Jaeger) LeCoultre Futurematic - just off to the Watch Guy to sort out although it seems to run and stop OK.

JLC Futurematic Face.JPG

Apa likes this.
  7. mbeast Aug 20, 2013

Hi. Nice to see a fellow addict. I started in much the same way with vintage watches. Soon "this is the only one" became "these are the only three" and I still find myself browsing. Liking the connies, especially the 14393.

8. Hijak Aug 20, 2013

::jumpy:: Ten is more than enough, really my watch box only holds ten, ten is enough, ten is good...damn that's a nice...really eleven, all I'll ever need...;)

EDIT: Very nice collection Patrick!:thumbsup:

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 20, 2013

Nice Patrick, here's my similar Rose Gold Cap 14381
    14381a.jpg

Patrick Dixon and Spacefruit like this.
  10. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Aug 21, 2013

Shh - it's not a collection. I wear them all just to tell the time - honest ;-)

Very nice Steve - I might have a rose coloured decagonal crown that would fit that if you want it. Mine came with the modern one too, but I replaced it with the 'Hermetic' decagonal version which is available from Ofrei in the US. Whilst waiting to see if the one from Ofrei would actually make it to the UK I also bought a small batch of rose decagonal crowns which I think are the right fit.

I bought the Stainless 167.005 because it was inexpensive and looked unmolested. I got it serviced and gave it new hands and lately I've thought about selling it, but it's such an easy watch to wear because it works with anything and at any time - and the non-piepan dial makes it look pretty 'timeless' for a 50 year old watch. It doesn't scream 'vintage' like the pie-pans.

11. Dablitzer Aug 21, 2013

Definitely can't like this until it has the correct crown... ;)