I think this is a watch from the 30s, is that correct?

I just received this watch. There wasn't a lot of information on the selling page about it but it looked like one of the Art Deco period watches. I'm not familiar with this period but looking at some of the examples on these two threads I think it's legit. Is this assessment correct? Also, do you think it's a desirable piece among collectors?

https://omegaforums.net/threads/help-identify-and-comments.130721/ (this has a similar case)
https://omegaforums.net/threads/old-pre-war-cal-26-5.45207/ (an example posted that has a similar dial)

You can't tell from the photos but the hands have a dark blue color depending on the angle and how much light it hits them. The watch seems to be winding and running fine but I'm not gonna touch it until I get it to my watchmaker. I don't have a tool to open the caseback but I'll post a photo as soon as I have one.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

IMG_2081.png

IMG_2085.PNG

IMG_2086.png

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

I think you have the middle case with the dial from the bottom watch. 1937 Swedish catalog page.

upload_2024-3-1_22-41-52.png

I think the Swedish stock number for the dial is 1026. Hands look correct to me.
gatorcpa

Like 2
Wow, thanks a lot for sharing this catalog page! This is very helpful. Btw do you think the color of the dial was like this originally or it has this color due to its age?

It was probably slightly off-white. The radium will damage the paint and lacquer over time.
gatorcpa

Like 3
I have 2 in my collection. Same case design and same movement. Serial number 8.9 mil in both.

20240301_220242.jpg 20240301_221057.jpg

Like 1
Since the one I have still has the radium lume, is it dangerous to wear it? From what I'm reading online there is no conclusive research that shows any implications of that but I figure asking here as well just to get a second opinion. Maybe I should tell my watchmaker to remove it (assuming that the process won't ruin the dial) so that the dial won't get further damaged by being exposed to it. What do you think?

Also, the font of the Omega text and the logo seem different from most examples I find from that period. Are these fonts related to different manufacturing periods or chosen based on dial designs?

Wearing radium dialed watches is not dangerous. But don´t open them yourself (radium dust could be inhaled) or even lick on the dial :D