Forums Latest Members
  1. markmalin Jun 4, 2016

Hi. I'm very new to the forum. From what I've read, it seems this is a fake, but how does one really know? It's obviously older. I guess I want to know difinitively and why... and again, am very new to this!
    Thanks for the help!
    Humbly,
    Mark[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. cimo Jun 4, 2016

Yes I would say so. It is a bad redial at best and an out and out fake at worst. The omega stamp on the movement is a mess and the whole thing oozes inauthenticity

3. knvqn Jun 4, 2016

I'm far from any expert, but I would not touch it with a barge pole.

markmalin likes this.
  4. Ravineman Jun 4, 2016

I've never seen a real Omega with anti magnetic on the dial, but I could be wrong ...

5. Steve1haggart Jun 4, 2016

You would be right .

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 4, 2016

Yes, fake as they get.

efauser likes this.
  7. OMEGAFOREVER Jun 4, 2016

There was another thread including this anti magnetic theme earlier this year. From memory, a watch not dissimilar to the one in this thread was in the earlier thread as well. Maybe even the same watch? Certainly the same conclusion of fake.

8. OMEGAFOREVER Jun 4, 2016

Actually, more recent than I thought. See 'Don't fall for A Fake Omega thread and May 7 posting. Same watch.

9. markmalin Jun 4, 2016

Thanks, everyone. Yes, I actually found that thread. I wanted to be sure that the statement "Omega never put antimagnetic on their watch faces" was legit, and it sure seems to be from other things I've read.

I went back and compared the face to some other authentic watches and I'm noticing a lot now. The "OMEGA" font is not strong, the stamp inside the movement looks sloppy, and the little "omega" Greek symbol on the face is not "fine" but rather rough and fat.

Man, that begs the question, does a person have to go to a legitimate jeweler to find a real vintage Omega?

Mark

10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 4, 2016

11. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jun 4, 2016

Even a legitimate jeweler may sell a vintage watch, while good looking and running well, that is not 100% original or authentic. The words "professionally refinished" referring to a dial or "polished" to a case may be just fine to a jeweler. They may be just fine to you, too. To most vintage fans, not so much.