I Sold My Snoopy

I'm not sure if I'll get support or damnation for this post, but I recently sold my Omega Speedmaster Apollo 13 45th Anniversary 'Silver Snoopy Award'. This was the first watch that I actively chased, back on 2015 I hounded my local Omega AD and someone pulled out of their order and I was lucky enough to get it. I had to wait a while for it as producing the case back apparently took Omega longer than expected. I loved this watch and wore it sparingly, however as its value rose I wore it less until it reached a point where it was almost impossible to insure.

I made the decision a few months ago to sell it and once I'd made the decision, it was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Before I'd even listed it for sale, in my mind, it was gone. The watch no longer brought me joy, it was more just 'having it' than enjoying it. I found a really nice buyer and I even drove 4hrs there and back to meet him and give him the watch, so it was quite a nice experience for my first watch sale.

And what selling the Snoopy has done is reignite my love of watches. I've been reading more articles, listening to more podcasts and visiting more boutiques, trying watches on, researching. I'm actually excited about watches again. Despite the long waiting lists, supply chain issues, endless 'limited editions' that sell out instantly and constant 'collaborations', the watch world at the moment is actually quite exciting. I have no idea what my next watch will be, but I'm looking forward to finding it.

Congrats on selling it- if it no longer brought you joy and in fact brought anxiety, you made the right decision. Lots of fun thrills out there that won’t make you think twice about insurance values- enjoy your newly rekindled inspiration.

If the market price of the watch made you feel uncomfortable then you did the rational thing for you. Everybody's got a pain threshold. Just move on.

Of course you feel re-ignited with that bucket of cash…..::stirthepot:: 😁😁

Good on you, (forget my stir above 😉) Buy something for $5k and enjoy it and wear it.

. ..I have no idea what my next watch will be, but I'm looking forward to finding it.

That's it, isn't it? Thanks for sharing, very refreshing. Looking forward to following your journey.

I think you had some reason to sell your watch which you did not disclose them here but I do not know what to say..I like the Snoopy watch very much so from my side you have some ”damnation” 😀

Thanks everyone for the support, nice to be part of a forum like this. I welcome any suggestions for watches to consider....open the floodgates!!

Perhaps start with a nice minty vintage speedy (actual moonwatch ref 105.012 poss?); and a tudor bb58 for daily.
I love tudor these days for no-fuss daily watches. No waiting list, perfect sizes, good enough lumes and legibility.
Then a dressier watch like JLC moonphase.
Then an affordable independent like Baltic.

Perhaps start with a nice minty vintage speedy (actual moonwatch ref 105.012 poss?); and a tudor bb58 for daily.
I love tudor these days for no-fuss daily watches. No waiting list, perfect sizes, good enough lumes and legibility.
Then a dressier watch like JLC moonphase.
Then an affordable independent like Baltic.
Have to agree, especially the bb58 is such a great daily wear. Perfect size and so versatile. I’m liking it even more on my new vanguard strap.

I'm not sure if I'll get support or damnation for this post, but I recently sold my Omega Speedmaster Apollo 13 45th Anniversary 'Silver Snoopy Award'. This was the first watch that I actively chased, back on 2015 I hounded my local Omega AD and someone pulled out of their order and I was lucky enough to get it. I had to wait a while for it as producing the case back apparently took Omega longer than expected. I loved this watch and wore it sparingly, however as its value rose I wore it less until it reached a point where it was almost impossible to insure.

I made the decision a few months ago to sell it and once I'd made the decision, it was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Before I'd even listed it for sale, in my mind, it was gone. The watch no longer brought me joy, it was more just 'having it' than enjoying it. I found a really nice buyer and I even drove 4hrs there and back to meet him and give him the watch, so it was quite a nice experience for my first watch sale.

And what selling the Snoopy has done is reignite my love of watches. I've been reading more articles, listening to more podcasts and visiting more boutiques, trying watches on, researching. I'm actually excited about watches again. Despite the long waiting lists, supply chain issues, endless 'limited editions' that sell out instantly and constant 'collaborations', the watch world at the moment is actually quite exciting. I have no idea what my next watch will be, but I'm looking forward to finding it.
Congrats on your sale!
What kind of watches are you into?

Congrats on your sale!
What kind of watches are you into?
Thanks mahomes.

Oh man, where do I start!! I'm particularly partial to chronographs both modern and vintage (60s/70s) and dive watches, pilot watches and also dressier watches like Cartier Tank and JLC reverso. I've flirted with brands like Panerai (a little too big for my wrist), IWC pilot watches and even Zenith El Primero, but never pulled the trigger.

If you have any suggestions on brands/models I might not be aware of, please send them through!

If you have any suggestions on brands/models I might not be aware of, please send them through!

Not a brand or a model but an era: the 80s and 90s generated a lot of horrible watches, but there are also some nice chronos, using fuss-free eta or lemania movements, that do not cost a kidney... Sinn, Eberhard, breitling if you shop wisely, fortis, Hamilton, etc.

Not a brand or a model but an era: the 80s and 90s generated a lot of horrible watches, but there are also some nice chronos, using fuss-free eta or lemania movements, that do not cost a kidney... Sinn, Eberhard, breitling if you shop wisely, fortis, Hamilton, etc.
Thanks S.H, appreciate the steer, I'll see what I can find.