I see Speedies everywhere I look

Posts
267
Likes
1,061
Spotted this ad for the for the new Scarlett Johansson flic on the side of a bus here in Brighton (UK)

Now we have over 300 buses here in Brighton and it seems most of them are sporting the same poster so I'm spotting the Speedie every few minutes

I’m keen to see the film not least because the reviews have been favourable but to see whether the watch features prominently. Nice to see Channing Tatum’s character is sporting a period Komfit bracelet.

I wander whether the 4:40 hand settings are deliberate to provide the traditional 2:10 look on the upside down dial??

 
Posts
5,320
Likes
54,133
Bondi beach is the place to see speedies rather than Brighton, vintage ones to !

 
Posts
267
Likes
1,061
Bondi beach is the place to see speedies rather than Brighton, vintage ones to !


Known as “budgie smugglers” round these parts…
 
Posts
2,123
Likes
11,385
Omega shamelessly prominent!!

Saw Fly Me to the Moon last night. With the exception of the JB Champion bracelet on backwards it’s pretty funny and well worth the two hours.




CREDIT - Apple TV + and Sony Pictures
 
Posts
932
Likes
5,026
Bondi beach is the place to see speedies rather than Brighton, vintage ones to !
But, but ...you can't swim with a Speedy. 😁
 
Posts
3,315
Likes
9,956
Scarlett is great! Never a dull movie, a truly weird one with "under the skin" but "Lucy" , "Ghost in the shell and "Jojo rabbit "was fun as h.. among others. Not so much "lost in translation" because of Bill Murray.

Oh yeah Speedys! Just need to open OF to see a bunch of them.
 
Posts
225
Likes
495
Glad to hear movie is worth it. Figured I might go along just to see how many times I can spot a Speedy
 
Posts
18,307
Likes
27,671
A Seamaster has been all over the news recently.
IYKYK.