Forums Latest Members

I pre-ordered a Czapek Antarctique today!

1. dinexus Jan 6, 2021

[​IMG]
    I've never owned an indie before, but I've found myself burned out on the usual hype watches and tired of the same brands doing the same-but-blue thing, and found myself really excited what Czapek is doing with the Antarctique. It feels fresh and distinct, but without coloring so far outside the lines that it misses the target.

And speaking of missing targets, I missed out on the Antarctique debut early last year (apparently the first 40 pieces sold out in like a week), and then missed out on the grey 'Roaring 40s" option, but made sure to course-correct with a black-dialed Passage de Drake.

And if the dials are as amazing as I've read, I can't wait to get this on the wrist. Apparently the movement isn't half bad to look at either ;)

[​IMG]

Though I probably could have gotten an earlier date in April or May (there were still a few slots available), the delivery date I chose was June 17th – the day Sir Francis Drake supposedly made landfall here in Northern California, which I feel is a neat tie-in to the inspiration behind the watch itself.

Any other Czapek owners, or owners-to-be here?

2. aleksejeremeev Jan 7, 2021

I love watches with a micro-rotor very much. The design resembles zenith defy

wristpirate likes this.
  3. dinexus Jan 7, 2021

I do as well - and this one looks about as cool as it gets. Having worn and shot the Zenith, this has a much more organic look and feel to it than the Defy, which is a lot more angular and industrial. Can't wait to get it on the wrist!

neilfrancis likes this.
  4. nitediver Jan 7, 2021

My dream watch! This is very high on my list. I think Czapek did an excellent job with the antarctique.

Looking forward to the pictures!

5. Charlemagne1333 Jan 7, 2021

A winning argument for a sapphire caseback.

With a movement like that, it would be a crime to hide it.

Some movements are beautiful... that one is sexy.

pumpernikiel, JDelage and Pun like this.
  6. Walrus Jan 7, 2021

Wow very cool design I gave it a quick glimpse and thought it was a mechanical.

7. janice&fred Jan 7, 2021

I thought hey what a cool looking watch and maybe I should keep an eye out for one. Little did I know what they cost until I googled it. I figured I could pick a second hand one up at the weekend markets in NYC one of these weekends for a couple hundred bucks. Not going to happen :D

ConElPueblo and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  8. kov Trüffelschwein. Jan 7, 2021

I am wondering if this movement is really in-house dev from blank page or made for them by Chronode :whistling:

88BB66EC-DEF0-48CC-90CA-4FC6E56E9AF9.png

Always amazed to see brands appropriate third-party work in their marketing.

9. janice&fred Jan 7, 2021

"entirely conceived in-house" sounds glorious but misleading. I suspect you're right and it's made for them, not by them.

Darlinboy, marco and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  10. kov Trüffelschwein. Jan 7, 2021

But I totally agree, it’s a really cool looking watch :thumbsup:

Scarecrow Boat likes this.
  11. dinexus Jan 7, 2021

The movement is made by Fleurier, but it is 100% original, conceived by Czapek's own team.

Personally I hate it when brands even use the words "in house" in any context regardless of intent, or which part of the meaning they're trying to extract (in this case, it's just the movement design) because it always sends the wrong message. But on the flip side, I don't think it's their intent to mislead, because Czapek is actively transparent when it comes to sharing their designers and manufacturing partners: https://czapek.com/inside-czapek-horizontal-manufacture/

[Edit: the movement is made by Chronode. I stand corrected!]

Edited Jan 8, 2021
    Horoticus, kov and wristpirate like this.
  12. ConElPueblo Jan 8, 2021

I had about the same train of thought until I saw the movement... "Not going to happen" :D

sxl2004 and janice&fred like this.
  13. dinexus Jan 8, 2021

I stand corrected – I said Fleurier above, but the movement is indeed made in collaboration with Chronode. Pretty cool – the team behind it includes Emmanuel Bouchet (who designed the Harry Winston Opus 12) along with Daniel Martinez, who's been with Sellita, MCT, and Greubel Forsey.

Horoticus and kov like this.
  14. Horoticus Jan 8, 2021

I think it's a beautiful watch, and that movement is wow! :)

dinexus likes this.
  15. CHRONOZEN Jan 30, 2021

GOOD CHOICE IS A REALLY GREAT NEW MANUFACTURE.

dinexus and Horoticus like this.
  16. EauTerre Feb 1, 2021

Very neat watch, I'll be looking forward to reading your feedback ;)

For my part, I just regret the VC-like lugs. Not sure if a strap can be fitted without too much fuss.

17. cvalue13 Feb 1, 2021

“The watch's name is telling in that it hints at the mandate that led to its creation. From the start of this project, Czapek sought to create a highly elegant wristwatch that could stand up to being worn anywhere and in virtually any environment, even to the end of the Earth.”

Interesting to have an “Arctic” watch presented without a 24hr movement or at least 24hr indicator.

For long portions of the year, people exploring the Arctic like their watches to help them know if it is AM or PM.

Horoticus, CHRONOZEN and timoss like this.
  18. Ron_W Feb 10, 2021

Awsome watch and movement !! I really like the movement side too, it is really the new top tier luxury sporty watch. Good luck with the wait :)

19. High Hope Feb 10, 2021

As an architect I can appreciate the beauty of that watch, and I like the face you chose over the alternative. But wow, that is serious money!

20. texasmade Feb 14, 2021

I'm thinking of picking one up eventually after my Snoopy 50th comes in so maybe sometime in 2022.

Horoticus likes this.