Forums Latest Members
  1. mstoeger74 Aug 26, 2014

Dear all...i need your help....i am interested in an Omega Speedmaster Automatic, approx 2001....price: 1200,00 Euro ? whats your opinion ? it the price ok ? are there some important facts i should check before buying it ?
    thx
    Martin

15_-1531780003.jpg
  2. Rallis Aug 26, 2014

I've seen quite a few speedmaster "reduced" models sell for lower then your quoted price in recent years. I don't believe they hold much weight with collectors in the shadow of its bigger brother, the speedmaster professional. I'm quite sure this dampens the demand for them on the secondary market and hence the soft pricing. I'm guessing condition will weigh heavily into the equation, as well as any relevant service history and the OEM or otherwise nature of that strap. I don't actively track the price of these references, and I'm quite new to this forum myself, so take what I say with a grain of salt. From what I've monitored over the past month or so in the Sale thread, there is a user by the name of "Kringkily", who appears to be the authority on NOS speedmasters. If I were you, I'd search a few of his listings and see if I could find a comparable model to give myself an estimate of a realistic market price, he may even have a piece listed at a comparable or better price than you quoted, so worth a search.

Regards.

3. Mothra Aug 31, 2014

Martin, for that money id want a mint one with a bracelet, not a strap...

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 31, 2014

The piggyback chronograph also drags their price down a bit, its a less than ideal arrangement, especially when for similar money you can get a 7750 powered Speedmaster Date which is far superior.