Forums Latest Members

I need you advice on this VC Military please :)

1. Florent Nov 10, 2016

Hello :)

I looking to buy (for a long) a nice steel Vacheron Constantin

I have found this one in steel, the diameter is 37cm with crown, the dial (look like) original, the watch look great. :thumbsup:

However I would like to have a few advices on it before buying ... And a price range to know if the deal sounds good or not ... May you help me ?

Here are some pictures :

s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600-4.jpg s-l1600-5.jpg s-l1600-6.jpg s-l1600-7.jpg s-l1600-8.jpg s-l1600-9.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Thank in advance :)

Edited Nov 10, 2016
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Nov 10, 2016

It does look nice, but better photos of the dial would be required to judge the signature.

To be clear, while you might say that it has a military style dial, it certainly is not a true military watch.

Price is tricky, as it is not the style that the vast majority of V&C collectors seek.

Regards,

Tony C.

Florent and Syrte like this.
  3. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Nov 10, 2016

It's very pretty and I don't know anything about Vacheron Constantin, and the dial is quite lovely, but are you sure it is original?
    The script on the name looks uneven.
    @ulackfocus had posted on VC scripts, maybe he would have more insights.

Other than that, it's not military in the strict sense of course but a really nice 1940s design.
    Best regards,
    S

Edit - Tony C was faster as I was writing :)

Florent likes this.
  4. Florent Nov 10, 2016

Syrte you are right. This is sadly a hand made redial with relume ... :unsure:

IMG_7813.JPG
    Edited Nov 10, 2016
  5. ncstate1201 Nov 10, 2016

I am not sure I would necessarily go for this one, but playing devils advocate here.... redials in this Era were much more common, if this price is right, the seller is honest, and you are okay with it, I guess you could buy...I have my great grandfather's longines that is a refinished dial but that one you definitely cannot tell just looking at it and the personal meaning trumps the refinish for me

6. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Nov 11, 2016

If you look at it from the bright side, your budget will now be intact for another great watch you have no idea could be around the corner!

Florent likes this.
  7. François Pépin Nov 11, 2016

I am not fond of those big radium markers, but if you want one, especially in a high end watch, to my opinion it has to have the original lume. And here the relume does not seem very good.

The other parts of the watch looks good though. But I think you will probably pay big money for such a not so good redialed VC. I would keep that money and continue my research.