Forums Latest Members

I need help from someone in India - Non watch related

1. Bumper Nov 16, 2017

Hello everyone,

this is a thread that is completely off topic, I have a company dinner in Singapore in a month's time and the theme is Bollywood. I have been thinking about it & every good Bollywood movie pits the baddies against 1 single policeman who thwarts their plans. So i'd really like to go as a policeman. Like these handsome chaps.

upload_2017-11-16_14-59-14.png upload_2017-11-16_15-1-22.png

i will not be using it anywhere except for the dinner, but I realise that getting a proper police outfit may be against the law?

Could anyone please advise if it's possible to purchase a full set of the following?
    - Shirt + rank
    - trousers
    - Belt
    - Peaked cap
    - Lanyard

I will not need a holster as it will raise questions( guns are illegal here) and besides, i will be going with a banana...
    I will probably look more this cop too ( but a Chinese version) :)

If it is possible & not against the law, i need some help purchasing those items and getting them sent to me. I will re-imburse you for everything, items, postage, packaging, time & transport included. I know it is a big ask, but i have been searching for a while and not found anything apart from the shirt outside of India.

I did find the indiamart website, but they are wholesalers who have MOQs of 50 pieces, or don't want to sell just 1 set, don't want to deal with someone overseas, and so far, none of them have replied my emails.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

2. Maganator Nov 16, 2017

Have you tried just googling what you’re after without ‘Indian’ at the start?

Nothing in those outfits should be hard to find at all.

3. Maganator Nov 16, 2017

300E74FA-DF41-433F-880C-34501A6B7FB9.png C8787744-55D2-43C9-B8E2-1799494FDCB5.png

Very quick search turned up these. With a bit more time you’ll get what you need

4. Bumper Nov 16, 2017

Well, locally, you cannot buy police uniforms and yes ,i have googled, a lot. It is possible to buy several different types of uniforms, but none from India. The theme of the dinner is Bollywood, hence the need for an Indian police uniform.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 16, 2017

Here's a tip.

Watch a Bollywood movie with cops in it.

Scan the credits for the person who does costumes.

Problem solved!

(Sorry, I know it doesn't help much but you may have to put a uniform together from pics of cops, probably how the movies do it too).

Bumper likes this.
  6. akshayluc420 Nov 16, 2017

Bumper likes this.
  7. Bumper Nov 16, 2017

Thank you, if i can recreate that scene HR might want to have a word with me! Lol.

Those are the same sites i get, they are wholesale though and don't bother replying to queries. They also have MOQs of 50/100 and above.
    Like so;
    https://www.indiamart.com/ashok-army-store/police-caps.html#asspider-police-caps

I actually started this thread after reading this article..

http://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi...litary-gear/story-UBibPm7oUUiToN3Opl8sGK.html

8. w154 Nov 16, 2017

Tell me what self-respecting Indian hero-cop would be seen without his genuine issued HMT Jawan W10 from his military days ? And whilst I can't help with the uniform, I can help with the HMT :)

W10_HMT.jpg

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 16, 2017

10. akshayluc420 Dec 22, 2017

11. Bumper Dec 22, 2017

Thanks for checking :)

I managed to find a friend, who has a colleague going to Delhi, who agreed to buy the stuff i need. He will only be back 4 days before the dinner, so i won't know till then if he managed to find the uniform... or how much he is going to charge me for the pleasure :) Lol. Hopefully, everything will be alright. If not, i may have to visit little India for plan B.

In the meantime, i have been growing the "stache" for a month now, i'm not used to it & find it irritating. Pics will follow when the stuff arrives :)

12. Bumper Jan 15, 2018

So the friend didn't come through with the uniform, i had to do a last minute scramble to little India to rustle up an outfit.

I managed to get a Sherwani off the rack, the Pegedi (Turban) is usually worn by a groom & the Punjabi Shoes have absolutely no padding at all. it was bad for someone who has runners heel in both feet. I didn't have any pearls, but i had some gold to accessorize with & the obvious watch to wear was the 145.034.

So here are the best dressed for 2018 :)

IMG-20180112-WA0018.jpg

13. akshayluc420 Jan 15, 2018

Looking sharp! I see Queen Amidala prefers the flat shoes too

Bumper likes this.