Forums Latest Members

I learned about a Watch Club..

1. alam Jun 2, 2018

I got to see my oldest nephew this week while visiting my sister in Austin...we found ourselves talking about crypto currencies in his room when I noticed a watch next to his computer...and looked like a Grand Seiko! As I reached out to the watch I said with excitment..NICE watch dude! ...but my excitment was short-lived when I saw the dial.... It was a William Gregor, yup! I was holding on my very hot hands a WG :-( It gets better. He explained the watch was given to him by his brother...and goes on to say that his brother is enrolled in a watch club, pays about $20/month and gets in the mail a different watch every month.....::facepalm2:: Ok, lets go back to our crypto currencies talk...

:confused:

IDXM likes this.
  2. connieseamaster Jun 2, 2018

Kids these days...

A friend is the co-founder of Eleven James and he always has something interesting on, but Eleven James also charges a lot more than $20/month ::screwloose::

3. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jun 2, 2018

Never heard of William Gregor watches.

http://williamgregorwatches.com/index.php

Apparently William Gregor was an English clergyman and mineralogist who discovered titanium. Since he died in 1817 there's no way this photograph found on a web site depicts him.

[​IMG]

4. staristheanswer Jun 2, 2018

Maybe he also invented the timemachine ,went in the future,took a pic,went further in the future....
    ...posted it on the internet and went back
    to his era :) :whistling:

IDXM, GuiltyBoomerang and noelekal like this.
  5. GuiltyBoomerang Jun 2, 2018

noelekal and Foo2rama like this.
  6. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jun 2, 2018

For $20 a month does he get to keep the watch? Or does he have to return it?

I have not heard of that watch brand, and it looks to be dress watch style with Invicta pricing.

7. Tik-Tok of Oz Jun 2, 2018

See the first rule of Watch Club is don’t talk about Watch Club.:cool:

8. alam Jun 2, 2018

I keep learning more and more about Watch clubs! :)

9. airansun In the shuffling madness Jun 2, 2018

Obvious redial, right?

ulackfocus and noelekal like this.
  10. shishy www.hpmor.com Jun 2, 2018

Wonder if people would do a rentals service for vintage watches.

But the risks associated with someone messing it up, argh

11. abrod520 Jun 2, 2018

Subscription boxes are the new big thing, it started with nerd stuff (comic books, action figures, trinkets etc) then progressed to pets and beauty products, now there's a subscription service for everything. I've just given a shot to a coffee one, we'll see how it goes (so far, OK)

12. ulackfocus Jun 2, 2018

On a different forum that used to be popular, we had a club of sorts. A few members swapped watches temporarily. I sent another moderator one of my vintage Omegas and he sent me his 43mm Sinn V7750. That was a good looking watch, but it reinforced my feeling that I just don't like sizes above 40mm unless the crown is offset.