Forums Latest Members

I know its a Polaris circa 1994 please help with I.D. for this beauty?

1. James Souvie Oct 1, 2014

We are wanting to sell this watch but there is one problem, my husband and I don't know much about it. It used to be his fathers until his death 6 months ago. There is a receipt from the day he purchased it, a cut out from a magazine ad and a warranty card. We took it to a watch maker down here to have it cleaned and looked at. His jaw hit the ground and told us the insides were 'all original and pristine'. He put a battery in it and it came right back to life. Unfortunately, he couldn't give us even a ball park value of it, all he told us was it 'was definitely not cheap'. I do have an appraisal letter from 1994 with a letter head, serial number and model number. $1,500 is the value at the time of the letter. So is it more? Less? Same? We think it is a Polaris. unnamed (1).jpg unnamed.jpg unnamed (7).jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (4).jpg
    I want this watch to go to someone who can appreciate and value it as his father did. Not some pawn shop or scrapper. Any input will help immensely.

unnamed (6).jpg
  2. Hexicon Oct 1, 2014

Hi James.

The Polaris!! ... Well Box & papers is always good to throw into the deal + spare links. Not one of Omegas most sought after models. Yours is the Digital model. It looks in good order & for sure someone would be interested. Maybe 450 - 650 USD as a guideline.

3. James Souvie Oct 1, 2014

Thank you much!!