Forums Latest Members
  1. Bille Oct 6, 2019

putting up pictures of a watch that´s coming up on an auction. I have found an interesting watch on an auction that I´m considering. But my big dilemma is - If I ask you guys question about the watch here on OF before the auction, I'm taking a chance of adding competition to the bidding;) On the other hand, if I bid on the watch and get a bad watch, because I didn´t ask - I will regret it.

So here goes - can you see any problems with this nice Speedmaster - except from the missing lumen on the hands? It has a nice dial, bezel (DON) fat lugs, nice case and it look unpolished to me. The movement looks nice and clean to.

Thank OF

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Oct 6, 2019

Why not employ a simple solution to your "dilemma"? PM a couple of members who are well-versed in the brand/model, as get private opinions.

Uniqez, Sidnos, jaguar11 and 3 others like this.
  3. Dan S Oct 6, 2019

I don't see anything obviously wrong with it, just general condition issues. Not unpolished, but the mid-case looks reasonably sharp. The back is badly polished of course.

airansun likes this.
  4. Bille Oct 6, 2019

I dont want to bother to many members. This way - members can reply if they want to.

5. Bille Oct 6, 2019

Thanks Dan:) That´s my biggest challenge in judging a watch - the polishing/not polishing issue. So thanks.

6. Dan S Oct 6, 2019

Well, to be fair, those particular photos really don't show the key features needed to evaluate the mid-case. It's very helpful to get a close look at the edges between polished and brushed areas.

7. boogedyboo Oct 7, 2019

Don't think the hands have missing lume. Looks like they have just darkened to a deeper colour than the lume on the dial.

chronos and eugeneandresson like this.