Forums Latest Members

I have no 'CLaim to fame', i just love old Omegas. :D

1. RocketBoySweden Nov 6, 2013

This will serve as my first introduction to this forum.

My introduction into watches was when i got a obvious fake (one could spot it from 300 metres away) Constellation from a friends Dad.
    From there it progressed to getting a solid deal from a colleague that has a past i the Antiques business so i bought my first Omega Constellation Anno 1969 for 3500 SEK (Swedish Currency).
    All i had to do was to replace the cheezy gold doublé bracelet with a more refined leather one. (I saved the old one, yes, yes)
    Next was an Ad Hoc deal that came upon me when me and the missus went to look at a house. The current owner said he had an old Omega from 1949 collecting dust in a drawer, witch i bought for the meager sum of 500 SEK. (Mother-in-Law and the Missus said i looked like a kid in a candystore after) :D
    Nothing has been done to it so far. :/
    And a few days ago i bought a Pocketwatch from 1961 from Tradera (The Swedish take on eBay) that now serves to spice up my wearings of the many waistcoats i procured through the years.

So, well met, fellow Horologists!

Pictures:
    1. The fake Constellation, obviously. ;)
    2. The 1969 Constellation with original bracelet.
    3. The 1969 Constellation with the new Leather bracelet.
    4. The 1949 as it is today (I will service and equip it with a bracelet, don't worry!)
    5. My new 1961 Pocketwatch. :D

2013-02-13 07.00.40.jpg 2013-03-01 09.05.26.jpg 2013-03-29 13.22.33.jpg 2013-04-27 15.17.44.jpg 2013-11-05 15.50.44.jpg

rhetoric and NiklasARvid like this.
  2. RocketBoySweden Nov 6, 2013

Ah, i'm on Instagram under the same username as i have here.

3. timeismoney Nov 6, 2013

Welcome Rocketboy! Thanks for sharing with us your collection, who would have thought you would pay a down payment (via a watch) when buying a house ;)

it is nice to hear timepieces are falling into the right hands who appreciates its sentiments. I think I can speak for all of us here.

RocketBoySweden likes this.
  4. RocketBoySweden Nov 6, 2013

Thank you for the warm welcome. :) I bought thewatch, not the house. So I got the thing I wanted. ;-) And there is great joy in this old heart of mine that I'm not the only one appreciating the craftsmanship of times past. :)

5. rick42650 Nov 6, 2013

good looking watches and nice buys....

6. RocketBoySweden Nov 6, 2013

Why thank you, Sir. :) But I have no additional information on any of them, yet, apart from the (presumed yearage). Not even sure how to tell what caliber a watch has... ;-)

7. rick42650 Nov 6, 2013

That's ok! If you like them-that is what matters...All the technical stuff-let the "experts" fuss over that....

RocketBoySweden likes this.
  8. RocketBoySweden Nov 6, 2013

So if anyone can provide me with any info for the 3 Omegas (the first one pictured not included ;)) that'd be great. The serial for the pocketwatch is 18100312 and that, afaik, puts it to 1961, or there abouts... The other two has'nt been opened yet. But i Do remember seeing something about a star on a watch makes it one to be extra watched through the production line in the Omega factory.
    But that may be wrong aswell. ;)

9. RocketBoySweden Nov 6, 2013

Indeed, Rick42650, i bought them soley on the premice (sp?) of me liking them, for sure. But one always craves more. ;)

10. marturx Nov 6, 2013

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Tell us a little about the tatoo on your wrist, is it a rocket by any chance?

An obvious choice of yours should be a moonwatch! :)

11. Daniel B Nov 6, 2013

Hello and Welcome :)

Roligt med fler svenskar!

12. RocketBoySweden Nov 6, 2013

Thanks, Maturx. :D No my lower left is an anchor, and lower right is a pinup. Just made a compass with an Omega-logo due North tho, a couple of weeks ago. Mostly because im of the Rockabilly-persuasion, but also to symbolize my fashination for old Omegas- ;) Plus a Vaultboy from Fallout holding a Rocket on my chest, since it's my favorite game and my nickname is RocketBoy.
    Tack, Daniel B (Thanks, Daniel B, but in swedish). :p

13. RocketBoySweden Nov 6, 2013

And Maturx, i like my watches clean and simple... So Moonwatches is a bit "over the top" for me... They have their charms, sure, but it holds no sway over me. ;)

rhetoric likes this.