I found a SS 2852 with black dial and gold hardware

Posts
558
Likes
2,680
Interestingly, I found this watch on a Chinese online marketplace. I seldom see this combination coming into the market. Asking price is about 4900USD, but I believe it is negotiable. Please notice the Omega certificate in the background does not belongs to the watch.
 
Posts
8,244
Likes
29,120
I'm no expert on the model, but would say that some grinding has been done on the case back around the emblem.
 
Posts
558
Likes
2,680
What’s the movement number of this watch?
501, original description mentioned this.
 
Posts
558
Likes
2,680
I'm no expert on the model, but would say that some grinding has been done on the case back around the emblem.
you mean polishing? That is ok.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
Just my opinion, but $4,900, even if negotiable, is very steep for a steel cased 2852 even with a black dial and gold furniture.
 
Posts
558
Likes
2,680
Just my opinion, but $4,900, even if negotiable, is very steep for a steel cased 2852 even with a black dial and gold furniture.
If I can make it to 3.5k I will take it. This one I can get it without paying custom duty, that will also save me 8%.
 
Posts
2,677
Likes
3,151
If this is a gilt dial, those discolorings around "Constellation" could be a good reason to just pass on this entirely, unless the price is sub $2K - I've paid over market value for a RG matte black dial in the past, and I kinda regret it

By the way I sent you a private message
 
Posts
558
Likes
2,680
If this is a gilt dial, those discolorings around "Constellation" could be a good reason to just pass on this entirely, unless the price is sub $2K - I've paid over market value for a RG matte black dial in the past, and I kinda regret it

By the way I sent you a private message
What is the issue of the discoloring? People don't like it? It looks ok to me...
 
Posts
3,643
Likes
7,743
IMO the dial is original (means not reprinted) but I am pretty sure that it has been "washed" (old yellowed lacquer removed).
The area underneath and near by the scripts shows the remnants of the old varnish, hence the slightly different colour - looks like a "halo".