Forums Latest Members
  1. scotty Apr 6, 2013

I've been around now since November of last year looking at Omega watches. I even bought a couple of 14k ones that I will sell, with the first being a quartz one! The second one though was a bumper 28.10 which I immediately fell in love with. I love that bumper feeling when I'm wearing the watch. Then I happened to see this amazing watch in a post and I knew I had to get one because it was the ultimate Omega bumper watch. An Omega Jubilee Centenary 2500 30.10 Jub!

So the hunt started. I happened into one on Ebay with a couple of minutes of it being posted back in February. Do you guys remember this one?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321069820567?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I put the first offer in on it! A low ball one. LOL He responsed though with an offer back that I probably should have jumped at. I couldn't pull the trigger though because I didn't want rose gold! I wanted yellow gold to wear. I'm finding out now though that the rose gold ones can be worth more money. Live and learn!

Well I found one that was in yellow gold and this time, pulled the trigger. The watch is original, no redial. I've got a Omega brown crocodile strap on it with a 18k gold buckle, not original though. That rose gold one had an original buckle though, damn! The crown though has unfortunately been replaced at some point in time. Any thoughts on if it is possible to get a better one? This one has the call 331 in it, no 2500 stamped on the inside back case and no engraving on the back of the case. Makes this one of the older ones.

1.jpg

2.jpg

MKelley, cicindela and dsio like this.
  2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 6, 2013

Very nice centenary Scotty.

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 6, 2013

Good one! I have always felt the centenaries - both the 2500 and 2499 models are significantly undervalued by the market. A bunch of members have these watches but they are not easy to find in good condition.

4. MKelley Apr 6, 2013

Congrats:thumbsdown:

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 6, 2013

Congrats! And in case nobody else has said it.... Dibs!
    I need to get me one of these

6. ulackfocus Apr 6, 2013

Wow, another member in the club! Nice one.

7. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Apr 6, 2013

Nice watch. :thumbsup: I thought I was satisfied with just my 2499, but it looks like I will have to add one of these 2500s to the collection one day...:cautious:

8. scotty Apr 7, 2013

Thanks guys! I'm super happy with this watch. Money aside (market value), there is only one vintage Omega watch I would seriously consider trading this watch for. An Omega Constellation Arrowhead De Luxe pie-pan18K cal.352 case 2782. Even then, if I had the choice between the two watches, the Centenary might still take the biscuit! I love the rariety of this watch. That will never change!

9. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 7, 2013

Given you have now come across 2, if a 3rd one crosses your path, send it my way please!

10. Dablitzer Apr 7, 2013

Nice watch! And a good find. Does anyone know who snagged the rose gold one?