Forums Latest Members

I don't think those words mean what you think they mean

1. jetkins Feb 20, 2018

Impatiently hitting refresh on SGUSA's service site while waiting for my SMP to be returned. The status hasn't changed for almost a week now:
    upload_2018-2-20_10-32-20.png

The process is complete, but the completion is in progress. But the completion should be complete tomorrow.
    I guess that makes sense in Swiss, but I'm completely confused. ::screwloose::

I guess, to paraphrase George Thorogood, "That don't confront me none, 'long as I get my watch back by Friday." :)

2. jetkins Feb 20, 2018

I guess the "Service Completed" phase actually includes pressure and accuracy testing?

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 20, 2018

Yes, post service testing is likely what is going on at this point. Pressure testing, accuracy, power reserve...

4. Wryfox Feb 20, 2018

Obviously the last status is "Completely Processed". Don't you know your circular logic rules?:whipped:

Lonestar likes this.
  5. jetkins Feb 20, 2018

I'm not completely sure.

6. Wryfox Feb 21, 2018

You meant to say "Surely Complete" :confused:

jetkins likes this.
  7. rainking Feb 21, 2018

I just three hours ago picked up my titanium Seamaster chronograph from Swatch Group Culver City (L.A.). My online status was the same as yours for about a week as well. I too laughed at the way it is worded on the site but your watch will be done any day now, if my experience is anything to go by. If anyone cares, which I'm pretty sure they don't, I dropped the watch off on Dec. 29 so it took a bit less than two months to get it back. Looks great now, though I'm taking it off the bracelet and onto an Omega cordura strap ASAP. Seamaster.JPG

larryganz and jetkins like this.
  8. jetkins Feb 22, 2018

Curiouser and curiouser. I now have a FedEx tracking number which shows my watch has left CA on its way back to me, yet the service site still shows Service Completed - In progress. I suspect that they keep the ticket open until they have a delivery confirmation from the carrier, but their verbiage does give me a chuckle.

9. larryganz The cable guy Feb 23, 2018

Good to know - I have that same Ti SMP chronograph that will be due for service next year, and I planned to send it to Omega Culver City for the work.