Forums Latest Members
  1. DSotW Europol’s Most Wanted May 28, 2024

Apparently I have been a very naughty boy online. So much so that Europol has issued an arrest warrant for me!!!

By email... From a Thai based email address..

BERICHT NR. 36497.jpg
    Faz, DaveK and Waltesefalcon like this.
  2. jimmyjay May 28, 2024

Sell all your watches. You won’t need them in prison. I’ll promise to visit you if you give me first dibs on your collection.

paddymoran and DSotW like this.
  3. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool May 28, 2024

I have tried the same thing. Turned out they just wanted money (weird, I pay taxes that fund the police but never mind), so I wired a couple if thou and that was it. Always happy to support our law enforcement :D

Paedipod, Waltesefalcon and DSotW like this.
  4. Jones in LA Not in LA anymore. May 28, 2024

Well...a nasty e-Mail message is still preferable to someone breaking down your front door. I would imagine that if you responded in some way, there is probably a "fine" you could pay that would make this all go away.

Note: DO NOT respond as I suggested. Someone will either break down your front door, or nothing will happen. I'm pretty sure nothing.

DSotW and tpatta like this.
  5. Pastorbottle May 28, 2024

It must really be from their Thailand office....... it's got a stamp!

Waltesefalcon, pdxleaf and DSotW like this.
  6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 28, 2024

Do they want a gift card?

DaveK, pdxleaf, gbesq and 2 others like this.
  7. reverbtime May 28, 2024

Hey, why not reply? You might get a Thai happy ending..

DSotW likes this.
  8. DSotW Europol’s Most Wanted May 28, 2024

Well, it seems my problems are solved!

I just received an email saying someone wants to give me 20% of 7.8 million dollars! I think it's safe to reply to the email, yes??

Maybe Europol Thailand will accept that and annul the arrest warrant?

Here's what they say:

Greetings my dearest.

Good day and week to you. My name is Mrs. Mabel Dumelo and my daughter is Arina Dumelo, please treat this matter urgently as i am writing this message from my hospital bed due to a deteriorating health that may to take my life. I have an important issue to disclose to you as I believe you can be of good assistance.

My daughter inherited a sum of US$7.8 Millions Dollars from my late husband. My late husband deposited this fund in a fixed suspense account in one of the international banks here in his country and the documents covering the fund are in my position.

As my health is getting worse every day, I took a decision to send my dear daughter Arina to your country with the US$7,800,000.00 so that you will be her guardian and help her to invest the fund in a good business while she continue her education in your country as soon as the fund is transferred to your bank account.

I don't want a situation where my daughters life will be in danger after my death, if die in this sickness to leave my daughter with my late husband's family, they will want to kill my daughter and claim this fund from her hence i want the fund to be moved to overseas bank account and my daughter will come over there for safety of the fund and for safety of her life and i want this to be done now that i am still alive to see that she is safe with you. Arina is the only child i and my late husband had throughout our married life and i will not want any harm on her hence i am making this arrangement for her future and for her safety.

I need your honest cooperation with assurance to assist my daughter (Arina) to receive this fund in your account. I am ready to give you 20% of the total fund as my compensation for your honest support to ensure that the fund is transferred to your country and to help and process my daughters traveling documents for Arina to come over to your country quickly to continue her education for the good security of her life while you will help her to invest the fund in a good business venture since my health is deteriorating and will not allow me to go into business research, please honor my plead to welcome my daughter for this purpose.

Reply immediately for more information.

From your beloved sister,
    Yours sincerely
    Mrs. Mabel Dumelo and daughter Arina Dumelo

9. Jones in LA Not in LA anymore. May 28, 2024

It's interesting how things have evolved over time. In the early 1990s, when use of the Internet by the general public was still kind of a novelty, we (in the US) were encouraged by the FBI to report the type of demands and schemes you just received. I remember reporting a get-rich-scheme that came from Nigeria, and actually had an FBI agent call me to follow up. Now, everyone gets bombarded by this kind of junk every day.

10. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m May 28, 2024

DSotW likes this.
  11. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 28, 2024

The scary part is that while most lucid folk just junk these, some especially older, less web savvy or impaired, seniors are vulnerable. It’s really not funny. I see posts on Next Door about folks having reacted or taking this stuff seriously all the time.

Jones in LA likes this.
  12. pdxleaf Often mistaken for AI... May 28, 2024

At least they gave you a nice introduction. It's more than many posters do.

DSotW likes this.
  13. gbesq May 28, 2024

Put this on your phone and invite them to call …

flw and DSotW like this.
  14. BlackTalon This Space for Rent May 28, 2024

Joke's on Mabel -- I emailed her my account info, and I plan on keeping 100% of the money ::psy::

15. Pastorbottle May 28, 2024

What could go wrong????

DSotW and BlackTalon like this.
  16. timoss May 28, 2024

Seniors? My wife isn't that old but she's fallen for two phishing scams in the last year ::confused2::. Luckily no $$$ lost yet but it may only be a matter of time!

17. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 28, 2024

Man I want that scam email! It’s missing from my collection.

DSotW and Dsloan like this.
  18. Watch my Whisky May 28, 2024

I’ll get you off the list. PM me.

19. Faz May 28, 2024

Europol officers like to take some time off in Thailand

DSotW likes this.
  20. Gentle Ben May 28, 2024

Just wait for AI when grandma gets a video call...Imagine SEEING a loved one ask for money...yikes

DSotW likes this.