Forums Latest Members

I am tempted with a...Elgin

1. AveConscientia Aug 16, 2016

I love this watch I know I have met a few people who dislike Elgins on this forum, but I have fell in love with this watch it could be because I have returned my divers watch should have have been listed for repairs barely runs so now I have extra money for a new watch. Thoughts on Elgin quality and styling and general thoughts image.jpeg
    The diver picture is me wearing it in the first hours sadly returning it a local watchmaker/repair shop Anderson's Watchmaking he said the price to repair(not even servicing) would far outweigh the price of the of repair said I should return it
    image.jpeg

2. GuiltyBoomerang Aug 16, 2016

I'm guessing that's a pin-pallet movement. I'm guessing it would be in need of parts of they say the repair bill is huge...because they're quite simplified in terms of the number of parts inside.

That Elgin looks like a redial, and a very very overly polished case. Collectors would say nay; however, if the price appeals to you, you're happy to take it in for a service and wear it daily, and be happy with its looks, that's up to you yo decide.

AveConscientia likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 16, 2016

It's a bit over polished to be attractive. If you like that look and want something that will not need a service and can be had at $200 usd. Check out the Orient Bambino line. Lots of options in configuration. I'll get you a promo code for 15% off if you want. Any vintage watch you get will need a service.

AveConscientia likes this.
  4. AveConscientia Aug 16, 2016

Yeah the polish is annoying

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. AveConscientia Aug 16, 2016

I don't have 200$ but I will keep it in mind
    Beautiful watch
    image.jpeg

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. AveConscientia Aug 17, 2016

Or this Gruen
    image.jpeg