Forums Latest Members
  1. rogart ray it again, Ram. Apr 14, 2015

I have tried an arrangement for my speedsonic . I am sending email to STS in England but they never answering my questions . Maybe my English isn't that good . But i want a speedsonic case refurbished . But i want Electric-watches to do the service of the movement . Is that so difficult if i arrange the logistic ? Electric watches is on i think ? .I want to keep as much of the original parts as i can .

This is my arrangement
    Send the watch to Electric watches . He picks out the movement and service it . Sends the case to STS . They refurbish and send back to Electric watches . The movement is put back in the case . And send the complete watch back to me .::love:: I pay for everything :thumbsup:

Or is their any other refurbisher of speedsonic cases out there ?That can do the movement to ?

I can lift out the movement myself and send the case to STS ::screwloose::. But doesn't want to wreck anything ::confused2::. And when it comes back send the watch in parts to Electric watches ?
    What would you do ?

2. ock2915 Apr 14, 2015

If I were you I would do your last option, send the case alone to STS and once finished and back with you , send the finished case and the movement to be serviced to Electric watches and once done assembled by them:)

rogart likes this.
  3. rogart ray it again, Ram. Apr 14, 2015

It is a lot of sending back and here again . Doesn't want to take out the movement myself . I will have to send the watch to electric-watches . He sends it back to me in pieces . I send the case to STS . they send back to me .............................................. In the end it cost me a lot of money .

ock2915 likes this.
  4. lenny Apr 14, 2015

Did you ask electric watches for advice? Perhaps they can do it themselves or at least know of someone else who can refinish the case.

5. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Apr 14, 2015

All in all why don't you just have STS do the servicing and refinish since it seems like overall your method is going to cost just the same as STS doing all the work.

Nobel Prize likes this.
  6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 14, 2015

or just send the whole piece to electric watches to service the movement and then send it to have the case serviced specifying that they don't touch the movement. Or the other way around, whatever suits you. It's not like work n the case is going to damage the movement or vice-versa

7. rogart ray it again, Ram. Apr 14, 2015

Ya i did . He could refurbish it .Hate to say this but i don't like the look of the case he show me . Sorry Paul :p . But i think he doesn't have the machines to do it right . I have @photo500 in here also .He has done a great job of the cases i have seen . But it's the same there . It's all in the logistic . Sending here and there and back again . I thought it would be easier to send the watch to England and then to England and back again ?

8. rogart ray it again, Ram. Apr 14, 2015

I heard that STS could replace parts i don't want to be replaced . And they are expensive ? And i like Paul at Electric-watches he has done a great job with my other f300 watches .

9. lenny Apr 14, 2015

Hmm...would it be a bit presumptuous to suggest you ask for a UK forumer to help out with the logistics? There are some that make use of both services.

rogart likes this.
  10. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 14, 2015

How about going low tech and calling STS on the phone? The more basic question here is would STS be even willing to do what amounts to a partial service on a watch and I would guess unless you are a regular customer they won't.

11. rogart ray it again, Ram. Apr 14, 2015

That is probably the problem. I tought it was a job for them.

12. rogart ray it again, Ram. Apr 14, 2015

Shouldn't have told STS my plan . I was to honest . They will do my case if i don't tell them anything . But if tell them somebody else is servicing my movement they aren't willing to do it ? Strange ?

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 14, 2015

Not strange at all. I personally would not get involved in a deal like this. Generally speaking I am either doing the whole job, or none of it, in particular if you are an unknown entity.

Why would STS, who I can pretty safely assume has more work than they could ever possibly complete available to them, get involved in some deal where there is potential for a dispute if something goes wrong...if you think about it on a business level, it's not that hard to figure out mate. ;)

Cheers, Al

Varasc, watchyouwant, Davidt and 5 others like this.
  14. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Apr 14, 2015

Where do you live? I can recommend someone in the US.

15. rogart ray it again, Ram. Apr 14, 2015

Sweden . No problem with the USA .

16. rogart ray it again, Ram. Apr 14, 2015

I am sorry i brought this up . Good for STS they have so much to do then . I will never be a large supplier of watches to them . So i am just a little man . I told them they did a great job last time .

17. rogart ray it again, Ram. Apr 14, 2015

I am the little man i the big big world that wants the the best of both ::screwloose::

18. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 14, 2015

I think you're missing the point. It's.not about them being big, or you small, it's about accountability. None of them will risk being accountable for the other parties work. If something was to happen to the watch who is liable? It'll be a he said she said shit storm and they will be caught smack in the middle. How can a
    I warrant my work if I know someone is going to go right behind me and tamper with it?

In fact if you were big... Huge, it would be even more risky to them because any litigation risk would expediantely increase

Edited Apr 14, 2015
    watchyouwant and Archer like this.
  19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 14, 2015

You got it! :thumbsup:

Rogart you can cancel the therapy sessions and just read the above post mate. :D

20. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 14, 2015

STS will definitely do a case refinish only. Just phone them and speak to Simon Freese.

They will also do the refinish plus service, and limit the service to exactly what you specify. Just make sure you agree it in writing - which they routinely do before they start the work. Again, speak to Simon.

They can be slow responding to emails because the reception staff can't answer these sorts of questions without speaking to the workshop & the workshop have a lot of other things to be doing :). If you phone, you'll get an answer - even if they have to get Simon to ring you back later.

Leona and rogart like this.