Forums Latest Members

I’m Thinking Of Buying An Extra Bracelet…

1. andnowwhat Mar 12, 2013

So, as the title states I am thinking of buying an extra bracelet for my new PO because it is my daily wearer and I have noticed many scratches on it after only two short weeks. I am by no means rough on the watch, being a desk jockey, and I am a little disappointed at how easily the band scuffs; a very casual rest of my arm on my aluminum Mac gave the PO the first scratch. So I got to thinking, actually obsessing, and I thought that having a spare bracelet in reserve might be the ticket. I’m sure that the answer I am going to receive is that I need to stop obsessing over this but I was wondering if anyone has had the same complaint about the scuffing of the bracelets and if anyone has considered buying a bracelet for reserve.

2. ulackfocus Mar 12, 2013

Why not take the original off and replace it with an aftermarket strap or bracelet? I'm sure a quick few passes with a green Scotchbrite or a rebrushing tool will take care of the swirls in it from only two weeks.

Oh, and stop obsessing over this. ;)

3. andnowwhat Mar 13, 2013

I was surfing the forum and saw a few other guys had the same concerns; and you, allong with many others gave them the same advice. Ok, I will cut it out and just enjoy my watch!

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 13, 2013

If you do get another bracelet, consider the Omega Mesh. There are two versions, the old and new, but they both have a similar visual effect. Here is my PO with old style mesh(actually only couple years old). I included a couple shots off the web that resemble yours. Mesh also has the benefit of being very comfortable and cool in summer as well as good looking.

PO11.jpg Hippo.jpg POLOVE.jpg planetoceanonmesh019.jpg planetoceanonmesh002.jpg

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  5. andnowwhat Mar 13, 2013

Well now, there's an idea! Did you purchase the bracelet through a dealer or online?

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 13, 2013

PM sent to you.