Forums Latest Members

Hunting for a watch - new to omega

1. Augustusblack Aug 30, 2015

Hey all,
    New to this forum and not sure if this is the proper sub forum for this post... I am a member of WUS (same user name) but not overly active... Mostly a lurker...

I am on the hunt for a white dial watch to compliment my small dive watch collection... I currently own a Rolex SubC, Rolex SD4K and a Sinn T2 (anyone seeing a pattern)... I am looking for a white dial speedy to complement them...

Would like to locate either an 1997 Italian speedy (albino) as per below

http://watchbase.com/omega/speedmaster/3593-20-00

A panda dial very similar to these

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/so...e-mitsukoshi-panda-dial-mint-cond-619353.html

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-speedmaster-3510-21-rare-marui-panda-dial.22921/

As a last resort I would consider a 35th Apollo 11 edition but I'm not in love the red text on the dial...

Would prefer original but not opposed to a redial... Bracelet is not required as it will end up on a strap or nato...

Any help you could provide would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Ethan

2. Uncle Seiko Aug 30, 2015

Welcome Ethan! I am fairly new here too. Joined 2 years ago, just started posting. I am curious to hear responses.

3. bb58 Aug 31, 2015

you linked @Kringkily in your last picture of the Speedmaster automatic marui dial. He's probably your best bet at locating one aside from checking all the forums every day waiting for someone to post one up for sale.

There's also the option of buying a regular Speedmaster and having a watchmaker swap out the black dial for a panda/white one. Your sole limitation would be finding a watchmaker that has access to the parts since Omega is limiting their sale from suppliers like Ofrei. More cumbersome and theres the extra $$$ for the dial/hands, but it's been done before. Someone recently posted about doing it to their speedy on this forum

4. Augustusblack Aug 31, 2015

I have spoken with @Kringkily and he does in fact have the Marui available but I was unaware that it was a 38mm case which is on the small side for me... He was unable to help with the others...

I have considered a swap and have read some threads about it but I am not usually a DIY person... Would rather spend a little more and have it come in the mail so I can throw it right on my wrist...

I did actually find an original Albino and a Mitsukoshi redial...

Thanks for the reply

5. bb58 Sep 7, 2015

6. Augustusblack Sep 7, 2015

Found one... Thank you

7. Augustusblack Sep 10, 2015

Happy owner of an Albino... Thanks all

IMG_8342.jpg
  8. Rman Sep 10, 2015

congrats! looks nice.

9. jimmy0x52 Sep 11, 2015

What a great looking watch!

10. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Sep 11, 2015

Didn't Omega recently release a white leather strap? Might be fun.

Tom

11. Augustusblack Sep 11, 2015

White would be interesting but not sure its my thing... Picked up a new silver snoopy strap form
    yinzerniner and a satin deployant... Perfect combo in my opinion...

12. kflo Sep 12, 2015

gorgeous, very nice choice. :thumbsup:

13. TNTwatch Sep 13, 2015

Cool watch! Any pictures of the back?

14. Augustusblack Sep 13, 2015

Now on proper omega strap :)

IMG_8509.JPG
    Skyblue44, kov, bb58 and 1 other person like this.