Forums Latest Members

Humble Request; Please keep the COVID-19 Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pun Apr 3, 2020

I feel that thread contained valuable information and links and it should be made available to us to read or refer to.

If discussion was not going in proper direction, please close the thread for further discussion. I'm sure most of us agree that it contained useful information and links. The removal of the entire thread with discussion board is very draconian to say the least.

I've utmost respect for the moderator and I'm sure my request will be considered favorably. Regards

wagudc, Joe_A, Rochete and 2 others like this.
  2. Observer I know nothing! Apr 3, 2020

I don’t miss it.

Wryfox likes this.
  3. gostang9 Apr 3, 2020

+1

I relied on that thread more than any other MSM source as I felt it was honest, open and very educational.

MaiLollo, Joe_A, Traveler and 2 others like this.
  4. Rochete Apr 3, 2020

Incomprehensible.

MaiLollo, Joe_A, Wryfox and 1 other person like this.
  5. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Apr 3, 2020

Covid-19 is 24 hours a day on every news source. My estimation is why here also.

6. Observer I know nothing! Apr 3, 2020

Same reason you’d go to an infectious disease forum to be informed about wristwatches I guess.

7. Pun Apr 3, 2020

We come here to have a Frank discussion with a very educated and well placed group who help us understand watches and whatever issues that are as pertinent as COVID-19.

Joe_A and Rochete like this.
  8. Pun Apr 3, 2020

Sorry sir. I don't agree with you. We have here open discussion forum for important topics. For heaven's safe, this forum is much beyond just a watch forum for us. Regards

wagudc, MaiLollo, Joe_A and 3 others like this.
  9. Dan S Apr 3, 2020

I didn't see if there was something that happened towards the end that was particularly bad, but I suspect it was just an overwhelming amount of work for the moderators to keep cleaning it up.

wagudc, lindo, Archer and 1 other person like this.
  10. Pun Apr 3, 2020

I don't personally felt that there was much moderation needed. We are grown up people and internet discussion are normally allowed to flow freely unless someone becomes very abusive or defamatory to others. Moderator should give looong rope for perceived violations. Just my 2 cents....

Joe_A and Rochete like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.