Forums Latest Members
  1. danicycle Jul 20, 2017

I've noticed limited availability of this watch recently. The boutique in Houston hasn't had it in months and prices online are above the retail price of $9,075.

JomaShop itself is selling it for over $9,300.

Has anyone heard why this watch may be limited in supply recently?

rominvicta and watch3s like this.
  2. sgrossma Jul 20, 2017

I just read rumors yesterday on another forum of this watch possibly being discontinued soon. No idea on truth to that though...

watch3s likes this.
  3. danicycle Jul 20, 2017

oh this would tickle me in a great way since I just bought one

SamQue and watch3s like this.
  4. watch3s Jul 20, 2017

same, just read those same rumors, maybe rolex is playing mind games!

5. wayneG Jul 21, 2017

It's pretty obvious there's a good chance of it being discontinued/replaced next Basel with the advent of the 3235 movement. It's a big improvement over the 3135.

However it's doubtful supply would be short from this point. If you look at the SD4k, they started becoming rare around November last year.

6. rominvicta Jul 22, 2017

Be sure of it starts becoming rare while still in production, in a couple of years afterwards... Look at the Kermit prices currently..

7. Hands90 Jul 22, 2017

They are still selling. They are not going to stop making them.

8. danicycle Jul 24, 2017

They may be still selling but Rolex doesn't continue making products based on that reason alone. As someone pointed out, their slow progression to the 3235 movement may be the eventual demise of this watch.

Since Rolex is unlike most corporations by not having shareholders or a board, their primary driver is not to continue sales of hot watches. That's why speculations and rumors always arise and their choices to discontinue models can be unpredictable. Only time will tell...

rominvicta likes this.
  9. watchestelltime Aug 14, 2017

I think they might just update the movement, put a new reference, and continue selling basically the same watch. In that case current hulk model will lose value as everyone will want the hulk with the new movement. People will be selling to upgrade

10. rominvicta Aug 14, 2017

Quite likely you guess it wrong. Rolex business concept is to create higher prices for old models. Just check for example how much a NOS Kermit might fetch now. Premium in comparison to a new Hulk is over 50%.

11. ScubaPro Actually dives with dive watches!!! Aug 14, 2017

$9050 is the retail price, unchanged since 2012.

12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 14, 2017

Kermits better looking, out of production and an LE. The Hulk is not technically an LE... then again the green glass milgauss is an LE that's been in production forever.

Flat 4 no rolex rehaut Kermit for me

watch3s likes this.
  13. danicycle Aug 14, 2017

True.. but that's not what we're talking about here.

14. rominvicta Aug 24, 2017

Oops either we talk about different matters or you are wrong. Latest price when it ran out of production was around 4500 EUR (not at home currently so i am not able to be more precise). A NOS now is being quoted at starting around 12 000 EUR (Chrono24). Hulk's list price is around 8 200 EUR. Neither Kermit nor Hulk were and are LE pieces.
    I believe with upgrade of Submariner, Hulk will be discontinued and in a couple of years it will evolve in a newly designed Green Monster Piece. That is an emblematic piece for Rolex. So there would always be a green coloured Submariner and it will always remain a must-have.

15. bjmcfp Oct 21, 2017

The shortage has gotten worse for this one. Prices jumping currently.

16. kippyk Oct 21, 2017

Hulk is amazing. I want one for St. Patricks Day.

watch3s likes this.
  17. efthi Oct 29, 2017

Very hard to get, especially in some places it is really impossible to get a new one from the AD! Same for the Batman and some Daytonas of course, demand is crazy over them and they are sold way higher than retail!!

18. Birder Nov 22, 2017

Not sure what's happening but the prices are going nuts on Hulk at the moment. I have seen the same shops increasing the price on Hulk by around 2 grands in last 02 weeks in Australia. Currently, the prices appear to be around $4000 AUD above retails.

19. Overgrower Nov 23, 2017

Supply may be short for the Hulk causing the secondary market to have strong prices. Kermit and Hulk are not comparable in my opinion in terms of collectibility. At least right now as the Hulk is still in production for the foreseeable future and there’s no saying if it will in fact be discontinued or replaced by a watch with a different design.

Foo2rama likes this.