Forums Latest Members
  1. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 6, 2013

Most of the European sellers on ebay doesn't accept paypal... do you guys avoid them or is there any other safe way for transaction?

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 6, 2013

If I really want something I offer to pay the paypal fees.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 6, 2013

It's quite simple for me. No PayPal and no direct credit card account means no deal.

Too much risk with absolutely no recourse if something goes wrong.
    gatorcpa

4. ulackfocus Apr 6, 2013

Europe isn't the only place on the planet that has vintage watches.

5. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 6, 2013

Yeah that didnt work too.

6. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 6, 2013

:) i like the way you think.... :thumbsup: i wish i have your wisdom.

7. ulackfocus Apr 6, 2013

We'll revisit that topic in a few years. :cool:

8. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 6, 2013

This is coming from people in a country that still rely on cheques/checks!

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 6, 2013

And pennies :)

10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 6, 2013

??

11. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 6, 2013

Pennies now cost more than a penny to produce, so it is actually costing the US govt money to produce pennies.

Certainly in Australia, and I think the UK also, various electronic means of payment have replace the check, which has become virtually extinct. It costs banks around $6 to process a check, vs around 6cents to process electronic payments.

12. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 6, 2013

Yes, electronic payment via card or otherwise is like wise in the US, so what is your point?

13. ulackfocus Apr 6, 2013

The US had plenty of electronic payment options. I pay the majority of my bills via my bank's website. We also allow the human dinosaurs to pay by check. Or with pennies if they wish. :p

14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 6, 2013

Yes, and this from a country that started Paypal, what ever some may think.

15. pitpro Likes the game. Apr 6, 2013

$6. $.06

Yea right, let's go happily cashless, so they can track and tax every thing you do.
    http://paysimple.com/articles/echeck_processing.html

Why Use Electronic Check Processing?

• It costs on average $1.22, in manpower and incidental costs, to process a paper check. Electronically processing that check can cost as little as 55 cents.
    • Check conversion requires very little effort or time to set up, and once it is established, your company immediately begins saving money.
    • Your customers will appreciate the convenience too! With electronic check (or e-check) processing they can give you the check information over the phone, or submit it via an online form. They no longer need to pay postage!
    • Check conversion relies on the same secure network used for Direct Deposit and Direct Payment, the Automated Clearing House (ACH).
    • The Federal Reserve's Regulation E and the NACHA Operating Rules regulate electronic payments processed through the ACH network. Because of Reg E and NACHA's Operating Rules, consumers have greater protection with check conversion.
    • Check conversion is the fastest-growing type of electronic payment ever. Over 1 billion consumer bill payments by check were successfully converted to ACH payments in 2004.
    • Check conversion reduces time and resources needed to process payments, resulting in continued cost savings to your company.
    • Electronic processing reduces the burden on our nation's transportation systems and the environment. It takes a considerable amount of fuel to ship our country's millions of checks each year between companies, financial institutions, and customers.

16. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Apr 7, 2013

if they do not want paypal at all and you need the watch, find a european member, who handles the payment for you in euros and forwards the watch to you. then you use paypal as a personal payment ( payment owed...) or e-cheque, for minimal fees and include the shipment and the balance. have done that many times and it works a treatand shipment delaration can be to your liking.....

17. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 7, 2013

I heard about this service. There is Indonesian guy in US who do eBay bidding on behalf, then shipping as you mentioned for a fee.
    I guess there are several trusted middlemen out there doing this.

18. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Apr 7, 2013

not good...... use a member of this forum or other trusted fora member ......

19. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 7, 2013

Yes that would be more reliable....

20. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 7, 2013

do we have any trusted middle man on this forum to handle European transaction.