How would you do this (a customization query)

I doubt this is something I will actually do, but I’m seriously contemplating it and wondering where to even begin.

I really like the white dial small seconds DeVille Tresor, but even though they make the other dial colors with plain bezels, the white one only comes with a diamond bezel. (It boggles the mind—no idea why.) I would never wear a watch with a diamond bezel.

This is the watch in question. (Also pictured below.)
https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/...hronometer-small-seconds-40-mm-43518402102002

You can also see, below, another of the same watch (identical case and material, just a different color dial) sans diamonds.

If one wanted to buy this watch and then swap in a plain bezel, where would you go to do that? Any specific customization shop you like that would take on such a minute task? Would Omega ever sell just the plain bezel to an end-customer?—would it be an easy DIY if you did have the part? And do we imagine that the diamond bezel would be easy to sell off, say to a jeweler who could harvest the diamonds for some other purpose?

Way out of my depth here. Any thoughts welcome!

I think it would be an easy swap if you had the plain bezel in hand, but I don't think Omega would supply one, this might be one of those 'exchange basis only' parts. Trying to manufacture one from scratch would be tricky and expensive. There is some value in the diamonds since Omega is charging $5,800 for the diamond bezel, maybe $1,500 or so for some eager jeweler, maybe less.

I take it you don't like the center seconds Tresor with date with plain bezel and silver dial version?

Like 1
Yeah not as keen on the center seconds.

Thanks for the reply!

If you ever go through with the mod, Omega will release the watch in a white dial without a diamond bezel. If you don't, they won't. Those are just the Omega rules.

(also, the watch as pictured is actually a silver dial, so there's a possibility they might randomly release a white dial variant some day)

Like 2
If you ever go through with the mod, Omega will release the watch in a white dial without a diamond bezel. If you don't, they won't. Those are just the Omega rules.

So true.

Wouldn't it be easier to get the second watch with the blue dial and swap out the dial?

Like 1
I wondered that too, but assumed a bezel would be easier to find (or have someone custom make) and replace than a dial.

I'd think either the bezel or the dial would be equally difficult to come by genuinely. The bezel would be much easier to manufacture, though, but likely extremely expensive for anyone who's good at it to make it.

Like 1
Why not save yourself the hassle and get the Seamaster 1948 edition which looks close to what you want:

IMG_0149.jpeg

Markers are not the same and it’s a slightly smaller case (38mm), but is a white (or silver) dial, sub seconds, and smooth bezel.

Like 2
Yeah I like that one—and maybe the London Olympics one slightly more. My issue is that the cases on those ones are bulkier. I might prefer the more slender cases on the DeVille manual dress models.

In the end I will probably go with a different brand altogether for this niche. It’s just too bad: if they made this watch without the diamonds it would be exactly what I’m looking for, and from a brand I like more than the other options I’m looking at. So odd (to me) that they don’t.

Yeah I like that one—and maybe the London Olympics one slightly more. My issue is that the cases on those ones are bulkier. I might prefer the more slender cases on the DeVille manual dress models.

In the end I will probably go with a different brand altogether for this niche. It’s just too bad: if they made this watch without the diamonds it would be exactly what I’m looking for, and from a brand I like more than the other options I’m looking at. So odd (to me) that they don’t.

So what you're saying is you want it to be slim... maybe UIltra Slim.....

1.JPG

Like 3