How & where do you wear your watch?

Piggybacking directly off of what watch you're wearing, 1. How do you wear your watch? Loose? Tight? And 2. Where do you wear your watch? Above or below the wrist (ulnar?) bone? I had this discussion with my watch repair man. We disagreed.

Hence, the half-assed social science 'study'? To me, it's completely subjective & personal preference. My repair guy took this much more seriously. For him it was about the correct location for sizing. Caveat: If I get the results I'm hoping for? Yes, I'll be taunting him with it.

Hi,

I wear my PO above wrist bone, tight enough so it is not moving around but still can put my pinky finger in. I have it with bracelet

SHOOT, forgot one thing already!

Bracelet or strap?
OK, first questions first. Moderately snug, above the ulnar.

Some of my watches have a dedicated bracelet, some have a variety of straps that will fit when I feel like a change, and others will swap between bracelet and strap depending on mood.

And for the other other thing you forgot....

NATOs: yay or nay? I like them but only plain colour, not Bond-style "wegimental colours".

above the wrist bone, loose enough to move but snug enough to generally stay in the same spot. I don't think I've ever swapped out a strap/bracelet, so whatever the given watch came with.

Mostly bracelets. I like it fairly relaxed, so it moves above and below the wrist bone. Preferred location is between the wrist bone and my hand. Is that above or below the wrist bone?

I had to tighten the bracelet on my flightmaster. The GMT hand was moving too fast. The reason? The GMT crown, located roughly around the “ten” was rubbing on my wrist bone. Since making the adjustment, it is performing as it should. DACB5DE6-0C85-45EB-973D-D4171CF5CC8F.jpeg The crown here was rubbing on my wrist bone until I adjusted my bracelet. 7CB8B683-EE37-4E0F-89A9-2DAFD48C4D82.jpeg Bony wrist. C6B25325-9248-4B06-9BC8-3304AE02C6EC.jpeg Now it is perfect.

Welcome to OF Sluggo… E508D7E5-2828-4E56-A1DA-5F94DA1407DE.png Get yourself an avatar.

I like an adjustable bracelet - because I tend to wear my watches pretty loose, so they slide above and below the wrist bone. BUT, in some situations, that's annoying, so I size my bracelets tightest setting to adjust for a pretty snuggish fit.
Edited:

Mostly bracelets, once in a long while a strap. Snug but not tight, always above the wrist-bones.

IMG_0153.jpeg

I wear my watches just below and moderately snug. I wear both bracelets and straps regularly.

Prefer bracelets. Snug fitting just above my ulnar prominence, with no movement. 2mm gap between my wrist and bracelet when the bracelet is sitting below my ulnar prominence with my arms hanging down. Hope this helps your research 👍

Edit: spelling correction.
Edited:

I wear my watches the correct way, above the ulna. 😝

upload_2023-2-6_16-6-16.png
But then the watch is actually on your forearm, not your wrist 😉

I don't have a prominent ulnar bone so wear my watch on the bone itself. Mainly bracelet but occasional strap. Loose-ish but not so loose it jangles and I can't rotate 360 degrees around my wrist
20230206_102315.jpg

I wear it snug above the wrist bone.

When I first bought an automatic I wore it loose and wondered why it didn’t charge.