Forums Latest Members

How to start the processes of a rework to omega ?

1. Gbhulk Feb 6, 2019

i have a old aqua terra ( in my pic) that needs some work, winder doesn’t work but the watch still works . Not keeping great time, bracelet is pretty beat up. What should expect from a rework? Cost? Time? What he heck do I send it in if I don’t have original box? Where also?
    Sorry for so many questions , but I found description on how and what happens to be very vague ?? Thanks for any info. I don’t have a omega boutique anywhere within 5 hours of me .i see a refurbished costs 1500.00 but is what I need done a refurb? I’m just not sure how it works?

Edited Feb 6, 2019
  2. BradleyJ. Feb 6, 2019

I have zero answers for you Haha but it sounds to me like you want it sent in for "service". In that case I think you just mail it in if you don't have a boutique near by and see what they say needs to be done as well as the cost. I think I know what omega web page you are talking about which is pretty vague. That's more for a complete overhaul on a piece you want to he brought back to new. Usually for collectors pieces or sentimental pieces. If that's the case and that's what you want to do then I think it's kind of the same deal. Send it in and get it checked out for a quote. But that route is probably the most pricey. I could be wrong but a quote would only cost you the price of shipping it to a service center and your time. I'm sure others will know more

Edited Feb 6, 2019
    Gbhulk likes this.
  3. JeremyS Feb 6, 2019

Yeah, I think a refurb is more for older pieces that have been out of production for more than 20yrs. A complete service should cover you. Omega’s complete service will re-finish the case and bracelet to as close to factory conditions as possible without distorting the lines of the watch. It also covers a new crown, seals and the complete disassembly and cleaning of the movement. There are numerous movement parts that are simply replaced as part of a complete service, but Omega doesn’t itemize them in their $550 full service starting price. Thus, your watch might require some additional parts that aren’t typically replaced, which could drive up the cost. Still, they will do a great job.

Bimmerman77 and Gbhulk like this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 6, 2019

How old is it and where do you live? What condition is the case in?

Gbhulk and Spacefruit like this.
  5. Gbhulk Feb 6, 2019

I live in wi , bracelet could use a little work , but certainly isn’t terrible

6. Davidt Feb 6, 2019

West Indies? Wisconsin? W1 London?

7. Gbhulk Feb 6, 2019

West Indies

8. serotta Feb 11, 2019

I just got my aqua terra back from service. The movement was overhauled, two new links on the bracelet. Came back looking like new after 3 months.
    Total cost, $975.
    The AD shipped it in their packaging, came back in a nice travel case. Watch is running +1 second a day. I shouldn't be happier

1549933378295754345728331450078.jpg
    BradleyJ. and Foo2rama like this.