Forums Latest Members

How to reinstate email notifications, and are there settings for a user's gender, age etc.?

1. Sebastian Tombs Aug 16, 2015

Hello fellow forum members,

I deactivated email notifications through a link at the bottom of a notification email from the forum, but I would now like to reactivate the feature. I can't seem to find a specific setting anywhere on the forum pages, is there one or are there other ways to do this?

Also, is it possible to set my gender, age, country etc.? Again, the only options I can find under 'Settings' only relate to my avatar and email address.

Thank you for any help you may provide, and have a nice day!

EDIT: Furthermore, is there a way to set the following of every new thread I post as a default? Thank you.

2. Sebastian Tombs Aug 19, 2015

Hello, no joy with this? Oh well :)

3. vinn2 Aug 19, 2015

i have forum problems too. slowly i learn how to use it. i have yet to send a photo of any of my watches to this grand forum. i send pix with e-mails all the time. after a bad experience with PHOTOBUCKET and FLKR, i would like to send pix direct with emails. = vinn

4. Sebastian Tombs Aug 19, 2015

Hello Vinn2,

Thank you for hijacking my thread :)

As far as pictures are concerned, I have my own domain with storage space, so I simply upload them there and use a direct URL. I have no experience with photo sharing websites so I am afraid I can't be of assistance.

I would suggest you start a new thread for your problem. That way it will have far more visibility and we will avoid confusion here on my thread, which is not about photo-related problems.

Have a nice day!

5. alam Aug 19, 2015

wrt to email notifications, I believe you can select "Follow" (top right corner) and opt the email option on individual threads. I also believe it was the intention of the administrators to limit the amount of personal information for privacy reasons.

Screen Shot 2015-08-19 at 1.40.52 PM.png
    Sebastian Tombs likes this.
  6. Sebastian Tombs Aug 19, 2015

Thank you very much Alam. I thought the email notifications could be turned on or off as a default setting, but it seems it is not the case. And it makes sense what you say about personal information.

7. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 19, 2015

Sebastian Tombs likes this.
  8. Sebastian Tombs Aug 19, 2015

Thank you.