Forums Latest Members

How to recieve funds after selling something

1. mayankyadav Jan 4, 2018

Hi
    I am selling an Omega bracelet on WUS. However I have no experience with this and the buyer is offering to pay via Paypal friends and families.
    How do I make sure that I get the money and there are no issues with this sale ?

2. Gstp Jan 4, 2018

If he pays you via friends and family he should be the one worrying

3. BenBagbag Jan 4, 2018

Don't send the watch until you receive the money.

jumpingsecond and mayankyadav like this.
  4. mayankyadav Jan 4, 2018

So money is received in Paypal account first ,right? And he cant later say that he dint receive the item or something like that ? Sorry for sounding paranoid :)

5. mayankyadav Jan 4, 2018

Great, dint know this. Thanks.

6. Baco Noir Jan 4, 2018

^ This. Once you have the money, the friends and family option does not allow them to open a dispute. The buyer is then trusting you to do the right thing.

BenBagbag and mayankyadav like this.
  7. mayankyadav Jan 4, 2018

Great, many thanks :). I am excited ( as this is my first sale and it is going to fund my Tudor BB Heritage purchase :) )

kkt likes this.
  8. ATWG Jan 4, 2018

As long as it's friends and family, the buyer is taking on all the risk, in this scenario, you have no risk once funds are in your account. Go into your PayPal account and make sure the funds have been received (don't take the email as proof, those can also be forged.) Once you see the funds, you're good to go, no recourse for the buyer.

mayankyadav likes this.
  9. BenBagbag Jan 4, 2018

So you would see the money right away on Paypal. Not some random email. Use the paypal website or app and you should be able to see if you got the money. Again, do not send him the watch first.

mayankyadav likes this.
  10. Baco Noir Jan 4, 2018

Correct - only when the money shows up in your account and make sure it doesn't have any "pending" or other flags associated with it. To be sure, go ahead and do the transfer to your bank to make sure the funds are available. I'd also look to make sure he didn't indicate it was for a purchase in the notes.

mayankyadav likes this.
  11. mayankyadav Jan 4, 2018

Thank you.

BenBagbag likes this.
  12. BenBagbag Jan 4, 2018

Truthfully I am a little puzzled as to why someone would send you money through friends and family if this is your first sale. Good for you if you are in that position and it is legit but sounds a bit strange unless you have tons of buying feedback or you are a very established member of that forum. By the way, I am NOT saying I don't trust you. :)

13. mayankyadav Jan 4, 2018

You are right. May be I was just lucky that he trusted me :)

14. ATWG Jan 4, 2018

OR the price was right!

mayankyadav likes this.
  15. mayankyadav Jan 4, 2018

I reduced 25% off of the price and the bracelet has not been used by me even once so may be the price is right too... but he just found out that the bracelet wont fit on his watch :(. Lets see if I get lucky again.

16. ATWG Jan 4, 2018

17. Davidt Jan 4, 2018

I'm not sure PayPal friends and family is as secure as everyone thinks. I asked pp about this a while ago (admittedly, they're biased as they want their fees) but I was told that as well as not offering buyer protection, f+f offers no seller protection against claims from credit cards etc.

18. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jan 4, 2018

Friends and family paid with credit credit card can still be disputed through the credit card.

wristpirate likes this.
  19. wristpirate Jan 4, 2018

+1 on F&F funded with credit card can be disputed by the sender through their card company. Bank wire is the safest method as a seller

20. kwiklot Jan 4, 2018

Very true for the seller better luck next time OP