Forums Latest Auctions Members
  1. Hotwheelbill

Hotwheelbill Apr 20, 2014

Sounds like a silly question, but , How do I polish (not buff) my watches? I see some use a "cape cod" cloth. What about the tooth paste for the crystal? I have use this trick on headlights, but would be worried about it going into the watch.

2. speedbird

speedbird Apr 20, 2014

If you have to ask....

crystal all polish is a DIY job. Polywatch is a bespoke product for the undertaking but a good automotive plastic polish will do too. As for polishing the metal? I leave that to professionals

3. Time Exposure

Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 20, 2014

Cape Cod cloth for the case, Polywatch for the crystal. I use a waffle-pattern microfiber cloth to polish the crystal. I have never used a Cape Cod cloth personally because I don't polish watches anymore. I used to use polishing rouge and a hand-held variable speed drill with muslin wheels attached. But that was way back when the market wanted shiny watches. Now the market prefers original grunge.

4. Hotwheelbill

Hotwheelbill Apr 20, 2014

I guess I should rephrase the question. I was thinking more of the occasional wipe down of the case, not a restow polish.

5. cicindela

cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 20, 2014

Dry polishing cloth. Use cape cod only for severe cleaning, not needed for what you are talking about. A good polishing cloth is available at most watchmaker supply houses.

dragoman likes this.
  6. albertob

albertob Sep 2, 2017