Forums Latest Members

how to maybe reduce lug damage from twist o flex bracelets

1. Theluglife Mar 28, 2019

When I first came across twist o flex's in Hodinkee's Value Proposition articles, I was pretty excited. I own a FOIS and wanted it on a bracelet. When it arrived, I put it on and just loved the comfort. I was satisfied that I have a great bracelet solution for the FOIS and at a very very affordable price. Fast forward three months and I come across a thread on OF where they show damage to the inside of the lugs cause by twist o flex bracelets. Horrified I took it off my FOIS (where I did notice the beginning of circular scratches on the inside of the lugs. I have been considering other options including ordering a 1125 Omega bracelet from an AD but have been having a lot of trouble with my local Omega AD (that's another story). So alas, I took the twist o flex to work and grinded down the telescopic endlinks to make them 19mm. I hope by reducing the pressure exerted on the lugs by the telescopic arms that it will reduce the damage to a reasonable level. WhatsApp Image 2019-03-28 at 9.07.08 PM.jpeg on the left is the grinded down bracelet vs a brand new one on the right.

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-28 at 9.07.08 PM1.jpeg

here you can see how much the endlink has to retract to fit between the lugs. this loads the spring in the middle and exerts a force on the inside of the lugs.

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-28 at 9.07.09 PM2.jpeg
    the adjusted twist of flex with a passive fit between the lugs.

M'Bob and connieseamaster like this.