Forums Latest Members

How to know if my coaxial Seamaster Professional Model is authentic?

1. Arjunkvisakh Aug 11, 2014

So recently bought a seamaster professional from ebay ( won an auction). The watch is stunning and looks brand new. The watch number on the watch matches with the one on the chronometer certificate, it has the engraved globe and the red dot in place. However the red presentation box is beat ( which is strange). My question is

1. The warranty card doesn't have a date on it just the year. Is that normal?
    2. The name of the AD is Sacks jewelers and I cant locate the name of that AD online.

It comes from a reputable seller. Do I need to authenticate this watch at the local AD? Is there some obvious clues to identifying a fake?

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 11, 2014

Can you post some pics?

The red presentation box being beat up or peeling is actually a good sign, probably means its real as they're known to fall apart.

3. Arjunkvisakh Aug 11, 2014

dsio
    I have added some of the pictures from the ebay page. Pleas take a look and let me know what you think.Thanks!

$_57.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 11, 2014

Watch is fine and real

5. Arjunkvisakh Aug 11, 2014

Thanks. The interesting thing is that although the box is beat up, the watch looks pristine with a few very minor swirls on the clasp!

6. Shem Aug 12, 2014

Looks good to me; enjoy it! :D