Forums Latest Members
  1. mayankyadav May 3, 2019

Hi all.. I have a rather embarrassing question .How do you guys search old threads on this forum ? Any and all the tips are greatly appreciated. I often see members here dig out very very old posts but when I try to search for something that I read in recent past, it just wont show up.

Like for example there was a GMT watch thread that I wanted to bring up and that was as far as I remember was started by very high ranking member oddboy ( apologies if I am wrong) that he started for recommendations for buying a GMT watch

I used the search criteria "GMT advice" and 22 pages were returned. I looked through all of them and couldn't find the one that I was looking for. When I tried searching using the "key word" GMT and "posted by" oddboy, nothing came up.

Starting a new thread instead of just asking someone through private message so that we can possibly have different approaches, formulas etc used by different people here.
    Thank you.

2. Jokr May 3, 2019

MTROIS, mayankyadav and Passover like this.
  3. w154 May 3, 2019

Your problem here is that “gmt” is too short. I’m pretty certain it’ll only search for words of four letters or longer. For me the most annoying thing is that it stops searches for Omega references as they’re often 3 digits, then a dot (which is considered a separator), then 3 more digits. For example searching for 165.014 yields no results. As @Jokr sats the workaround is searching with google.

D602A6DD-1D8A-430A-8420-4F3881C15079.jpeg

mayankyadav likes this.
  4. ConElPueblo May 3, 2019

...Or go to the members profile page, look at "started threads" and have a look there. Even easier if you know roughly when it was posted.

dennisthemenace and mayankyadav like this.
  5. jankymutt May 3, 2019

It's funny you mention this because I often have this same trouble. I am looking for a specific reference speedmaster and like @w154 mentioned it is difficult to search just via reference number. I rely on google and watchrecon.com when trying to find a specific watch. Just looking for specific threads in the forum is also challenging and other than google, I haven't found a great work around.