Forums Latest Members

How to clean the strap on the DSOTM

1. Noahsi Apr 19, 2019

Hello - I e owned my DSOTM for about a year and recently I’ve noticed that the strap has started to pick up fuzzies from my clothing, sweaters etc. I think possibly the strap is just getting worn and because of that getting rougher which is picking up the fuzz from my clothes. Has anyone else experienced this and how do you recommend cleaning it?

D45A9784-9215-4483-AE72-831891F06125.jpeg

2. Evitzee Apr 19, 2019

I'd try brushing it with a clean toothbrush and use some Blu tac to lift the junk.

jcmartinez98 likes this.
  3. yinzerniner Apr 19, 2019

Use a lint roller first to see if the fuzzies can be taken off by the stickiness of the tape. If that fails, a more conventional lint brush or microfiber cloth might be needed to wipe off and/or grab the little particles shown embedded in the cordura.

If the above fails a clean toothbrush should do the trick. The cordura material is tougher than the nylon bristles so you shouldn't worry too much about wear, although you should be careful around the stitching as that is definitely softer than the bristles.

Good luck

jcmartinez98 likes this.
  4. Noahsi Apr 20, 2019

Actually the microfiber cloth that came with the watch worked great at bunching them all together and then I was able to just pick it off. The cordura material is definitely feeling worn in that area - it’s a little rough feeling when I rub my finger over it compared to the area nearer to the case of the watch that never rests on my desk at work...

5. Ga77agher May 21, 2022

This is a pretty old thread, but I’m curious how long you had the dsotm strap before it started to show signs of wearing out? Just bought one myself. Thanks!

6. YY77 May 21, 2022

OP was last seen Dec '20 so I wouldn't expect an answer to your question.

7. nola22 Jun 6, 2022

Small horsehair brush from time to time and once a year or so I use a delicate cleaner (diluted woolite or similar). I’m not soaking it or anything, just getting enough of the cleaner in there to loosen and remove eye dirt, etc. I also wipe the inside leather part with a leather cleaner that I use on my car seats to keep the skin oils from soaking in.