Forums Latest Members
  1. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Sep 30, 2012

In a Vietnamese watch forum, the two 10 sided crowns on right were priced at 150 usd each and sold after 2 hour listing.

[​IMG]

Thinking about Steve's rose gold connie but....too late. :D

2. ulackfocus Sep 30, 2012

That's an interesting question to me because I'd pass on a watch without the original crown. It's not a hang-up, just that there usually are plenty of correct watches out there that mean there won't be any hassles. I took a year and a half searching for my Longines Conquest before the perfect example came up with the correct scalloped crown. The best vintage lesson I've learned is that there's no rush because another example, possibly in better condition, will come along.

MKelley likes this.
  3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 30, 2012

Fortunately I had one in stock . Mine came from stock of an old (as in dead) Canadian watchmaker

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 30, 2012

I feel a bit differently - if I like the watch don't let the crown get in the way - it is typically a wear part especially if it is a manual wind watch. And I use to feel the same way - that something nicer will come along but I have lost a few watches along the way and have never found anything to match them. And have also been fortunate enough to get a number of pieces that I've never seen anything that nice before or since.

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 2, 2012

I would have to agree with MSN on this.

One of the things I collect are 1930s/40s steel Omegas, the more unusual and obscure the better.

Here is a perfect example of buy it when you can. I have yet to see another example of this, other than the one in the Omegamainia auction, which was certainly much nicer, but I would rather have a well worn example of something than to not have one at all.

Ref 3532

IMG_1218.JPG IMG_1219.JPG

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 2, 2012

Very nice watch, reminds me some of this

_1010466.jpg IMG_1218.JPG

MKelley likes this.