How much is it worth?!

Hey there!

just wanted some opinions about this omega and how much do you think it’s worth in its current condition it’s a 565cal 166 067 no original buckle or strap.

Thanks!

Quick check of completed sales for the reference on eBay shows one completed auction with 53 bids last month for $500.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/386324075073?

If you were the buyer congrats! Looks like the same watch?

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Hi there

The culture here is to tell us a few more things regarding your post:
- Why do you want to know, are you buying or selling?
- what has your research told you about the price
- what has your research told you about the condition of the watch

Hi there

The culture here is to tell us a few more things regarding your post:
- Why do you want to know, are you buying or selling?
- what has your research told you about the price
- what has your research told you about the condition of the watch

Sorry i didn’t know and thanks for the heads up

Im a buyer and the condition of the watch is average overall no major scratches on the crystal and the movement seems okay but of course it will need to be serviced and i read an article that said the watch value is about 400-700 dollars depending on the condition and that the buckle adds about 200 dollars to the value therefore for me it’s worth it because im paying about 350 for it the condition of the watch itself is good but the buckle and strap are after market so im second guessing my decision and asked here for help.
Edited:

I don’t agree with what you’ve been told about the value of the buckle. IMO, the absence of a buckle is negligible in terms of a secondhand vintage Omega.

If the watch had come with an original Omega bracelet, then it’s arguable that the value might be enhanced by 150 dollars depending on the condition of the bracelet but many if not most of these watches would have been sold with a leather strap which would have been replaced many times in the fifty year cycle of the watch.

So far as servicing your watch is concerned, post where you are and someone will be able to recommend a reliable watchmaker. In England, I’d expect to pay around 150 dollars for a service.

So far as servicing your watch is concerned, post where you are and someone will be able to recommend a reliable watchmaker. In England, I’d expect to pay around 150 dollars for a service.

I see where your coming from regarding the strap and i agree thanks this was a good insight but a question regarding the service from the pictures that are provided does how bad does it need a serious would you say? And the case seems a bit scratched but I’ve been told that polishing it is a big no no is there any other option to make the scratches less?

I see where your coming from regarding the strap and i agree thanks this was a good insight but a question regarding the service from the pictures that are provided does how bad does it need a serious would you say? And the case seems a bit scratched but I’ve been told that polishing it is a big no no is there any other option to make the scratches less?
A service is required to replace the lubrication of parts after 5 to 8 years. If you don't know when it was last done it is best to service before wearing. It looks a little dirty but the gasket looks ok. Still should service.
This case style doesn't have many straight lines or facets. Some polishing would be ok given the case is already fairly tired looking. Other members would say to NEVER polish. It's your watch so you can decide. Do some research and think about it for a while. You can never unpolished a watch.

A service is required to replace the lubrication of parts after 5 to 8 years. If you don't know when it was last done it is best to service before wearing. It looks a little dirty but the gasket looks ok. Still should service.
This case style doesn't have many straight lines or facets. Some polishing would be ok given the case is already fairly tired looking. Other members would say to NEVER polish. It's your watch so you can decide. Do some research and think about it for a while. You can never unpolished a watch.

Thanks will definitely do some research and see if it’s worth polishing or not.

I’d value this around £350-£400 unserviced.

Thanks appreciate the info!

yep i just wanted an opinion about if im spending too much on it or not and to get more info! Is it something you don’t do here im new so if you can tell me what are the do and don’t it would be helpful thanks!
It would be less confusing if you just continued the original thread. Adding comments would bump it to the top, and people would be able to see the entire context.

It would be less confusing if you just continued the original thread. Adding comments would bump it to the top, and people would be able to see the entire context.
Will do, sorry i didn’t know that.
Edited:

I would buy this for $350

Nice dial, movement and case isn’t too bad.

I would buy this for $350

Nice dial, movement and case isn’t too bad.

Nice no BS answer from ©STANDY. This model originally had rounded over lugs, so I think it is OK. Buy it, service and wear without concern about putting a mark on the case. This is a good watch for regular use.